WORKOUT IDEAS

Hey, so I'm wanting to lose weight fast. I need an idea of how many calories to walk off each day & how many crunches or sit ups to do? I'm 5'4 & 140 pound female.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited February 2018
    Weight loss is going to come from eating less calories than you burn. Crunches and sit-ups are going to make you better at crunches and sit-ups, but they're not going to result in weight loss. Unfortunately you can't "spot reduce" fat by exercising certain parts of your body.

Here's a great starting point to get you on the right path: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Your timeline (ie fast) to lose weight is not necessarily your body's timeline. You can lose weight fast, but it doesn't mean you've achieved a new level of homeostasis.

Crash weight loss usually results in short-term results, but long term failure.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You’re at a healthy weight already, so fast is not going to happen. And weight loss comes from how many calories you consume.