Another Anger question

Options
2»

Replies

• cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I Googled TOPS - I got lots of places trying to sell me clothes and "Total Operations Processing System, or TOPS, is a computer system for managing the locomotives and rolling stock (railroad cars) owned by a rail system.". I guess you don't mean either of those things?

Also, I get hangry if I have I don't eat for too many hours - I blame low blood sugar. My mum was notorious for needing to be fed dinner by about 6pm or things got cross. I never have a problem eating (unless I've got food poisoning). :bigsmile:

TOPS-taking off pounds sensibly. Support groups. They are everywhere.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I Googled TOPS - I got lots of places trying to sell me clothes and "Total Operations Processing System, or TOPS, is a computer system for managing the locomotives and rolling stock (railroad cars) owned by a rail system.". I guess you don't mean either of those things?

Also, I get hangry if I have I don't eat for too many hours - I blame low blood sugar. My mum was notorious for needing to be fed dinner by about 6pm or things got cross. I never have a problem eating (unless I've got food poisoning). :bigsmile:

TOPS-taking off pounds sensibly. Support groups. They are everywhere.

If by "everywhere" you mean the US, select cities in Canada and Kaiserslautern, Germany, then you are correct.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    1. i dont get angry. my life is glorious.
    2. move out?
    3. anger is not christ-like

ETA: charlie can do it....you can too.

http://youtu.be/KECzruCccpo
  • Contrarian
    Options
    2. move out?

I don't know...didn't he kind of go berserk on the money-changers and the dove-sellers in the temple?
  • _KrisMarie_
    Options
    2. move out?

I don't know...didn't he kind of go berserk on the money-changers and the dove-sellers in the temple?

Beat me to it. :smile: Yeah, I don't know where people get this idea that Jesus was super docile and never got angry. There are several accounts of him being angry, the temple being one of them.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    2. move out?

Beat me to it. :smile: Yeah, I don't know where people get this idea that Jesus was super docile and never got angry. There are several accounts of him being angry, the temple being one of them.
    Some people don't interpret Him as having been angry there, but I see your point. However, we don't have a right to BE angry (ie, take out vengeance/wrath), only He does. And my point, for this thread, is that being angry is also counter-productive
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    am i the only person that cleans house when im angry or upset? ha

seriously? people get angry when they do or dont eat? why? Think if you get angry like that there's underlying issues that need to be delt with instead :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    2. move out?

Oh yeah, and in that one story when he pushed his friend off the roof and then resurrected him so he wouldn't get caught for murder........:noway:

but you may not know that story, that book didn't make the official cut.........:huh:

wonder why? :laugh:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It depends how emotional I am when I'm angry.

If it's pure, cold anger then I get into an "eff" it mood, and want to eat and drink to much. Alone if possible. I can get myself to work out though, running or martial arts or something. The exercise is a healthy coping mechanism, the food/alcohol is not.

If it's emotional, want to cry frustrated/angry then I can't eat, and usually end up going to bed even if it's afternoon, and even if I haven't eaten. The nap I actually do think is healthy. Its easier to see things rationally after a bit of sleep. Not eating is okay for a few hours as long as it isn't a purposeful sort of "punishment", and I get enough nutrition earlier or later.

Thankfully, I don't get angry very often and usually brush it off quickly.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    If im angry, I lose my appitite completly, but when im frustrate, like nothings going right, then I eat alot
  • Contrarian
    Options
    2. move out?

Oh yeah, and in that one story when he pushed his friend off the roof and then resurrected him so he wouldn't get caught for murder........:noway:

but you may not know that story, that book didn't make the official cut.........:huh:

wonder why? :laugh:

At least it made it into the movie.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    2. move out?

Some people don't interpret Him as having been angry there, but I see your point. However, we don't have a right to BE angry (ie, take out vengeance/wrath), only He does. And my point, for this thread, is that being angry is also counter-productive
    Well usually overturning tables and making a whip out of a piece of chord would be considered the actions of somebody who is a tad angry.
  • _KrisMarie_
    Options
    2. move out?

I think we have a right to get angry about some things, and I think anger can motivate you to good action. However, I see what you're saying. I think the problem is wrath, no? That's a vengeful anger, and that's wrong.

As for the original post, I don't tend to eat much either when I'm angry. Being sad makes me want sweets though. I'd say make a plan for those times, a very concrete plan, something to deal with the anger first, so you can then eat in peace.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    This is the second post tonight that I have seen you on asking about anger. As has been said previously - what are you angry about?? That is the key issue!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    OP, you are decidedly absent from these threads. That seems a bit irresponsible to me.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Since this is an F&N post, I assume you're looking for a food answer, but my advice would be to take your anger to the gym instead.