Does anyone've plans for Valentine's Day?

Options

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is working that day and I'm at college but we're hoping to at least try and do something. Maybe go to the cinema or something. It isn't that big of a deal for us really
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    365 Valentine Days per year for me.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself... Which probably means some Ben & Jerry's and Netflix snuggled in bed in my jam jams... I promise it's not as sad as it sounds
  • sabal20
    sabal20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    W8WarI wrote: »
    I had an epiphany that instead of being miserable as usual with being single, to <3 others by seeking to do some volunteer work; health & weather permitting of course! Therefore it has to be something, that I don't; have to schedule but be able, to just attend!

However if that isn't an option, I'll just celebrate the fact that since I am overweight I'm technically more than 1 person; so that justifiably entitles me to a couple's proportionate meal!

That's lovely. My partner and I don't celebrate Valentine's day. It also falls on Ash Wednesday this year so I'll be at church for a lot the evening and work in the day. Got to decide whether to give something up or take something up.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    It’s just February 14th. I don’t really buy into the hallmark marketing scheme. Neither does my husband. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Avoiding restaurants, not buying 3x's the price flowers or cards, and not stopping to see the gas station teddy bears.
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Spending a nice afternoon with my husband, hopefully the weather will be nice and we can go for a hike with the pups.
  • qandv9
    qandv9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Every year the hubby and I take the kids to White Castle. They have fancy able service that day! :)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I just got some Christmas cookie cutters (a snow flake and Santa's head) for half the price!! Score!! Maybe I'll make some Christmas cookies for V day
  • kelly_stevens81
    kelly_stevens81 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are planning a cheese board for dinner!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    lwwesmrcpz33.jpg

:joy:
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    I wasn't into the forced commercialized sentimentality of this "holiday" when I was married, so I'm definitely not now. Although my ex wasn't exactly romantically inclined. Still. If I'm with someone special, I'd rather spoil him with attention and affection every night and then plan something a little extra at home just for the two of us on V-Day...

An indoor picnic, movie marathon in bed, a bubble bath and nice bottle of wine, candles... something private, romantic, and memorable. But I was never high-maintenance.

Last year was my third V-Day alone in 20-something years. I watched Kinky Boots and Taming of the Shrew (1967 version--Liz Taylor and Richard Burton) back-to-back and pigged out on popcorn. Alone. It was awesome.

• sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    No. And there was once upon a time when it mattered. Now it's just another day. Make me dinner on Monday and take the kids for a few hrs on Saturday so I can catch up on sleep. That's more appreciated than Hallmark holidays in my book.