Help- suggestions and support needed!

Options
I have been sticking to my goals here for the past 4 weeks, in the first two weeks I lost two pounds but in the last two I didn’t lose anything

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Regardless of your goals, 2 weeks is not a long enough test period. Without knowing the details, I generally wouldn’t mess with anything based on less than a 6 week run.

That said, if you’re tracking, are you weighing your food whenever possible? Anytime is a good time to check your numbers and re-examine your assumptions.

When the time comes, start making modest adjustments until you get a downward trend.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    That's pretty normal. Give it another couple weeks. Take measurements and pictures too.

Example:
    Jan 8 was the day I buckled down again. That first week I dropped 4 lbs. However since then my weight has gone back up a little to where I am sitting at a 2.4 lb loss (as of this morning...it was 3.4 lb loss on Monday).

So what's going on? I am eating the same amount of calories I did that first week.
    :drinker: Week 2 I increased my steps per day from 11k to 12k. This meant I have to increase my walk time.
    :drinker: I added Fitbit Coach Daily Dose to my workout routine in week 3.
    :drinker: I am approaching my shark week.
    :drinker: Some days my sodium has been pretty high.
    All of the above is a recipe for water retention which will mask fat loss and can even show as a gain.

I have taken measurements and used my Skulpt Scanner as other forms of tracking. As of Monday I had lost 1.5" off my waist alone.
  • colleen0825
    colleen0825 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It’s been 4 weeks but in the last two I lost nothing.

I can try measurements. If your shark week means what I think it means I’m praying it’s close and the reason for no loss.

I am not able to exercise right now so it’s frustrating not to be able to do anything except reduce the caloric intake....
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    What they were saying is that you have only had 2 weeks without scale change. If you go 4-6 weeks without the scale moving, then you should reevaluate your logging/plan/ect. Until that point just be patient. Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks the scale will move, some it won't and some you can even see a gain. It's normal.

Wait another 2-3 weeks to rule out normal fluctuations.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ey6gai0cxmw2.jpg