Apple Watch

Options
Why isn’t MFP syncing with my Apple Watch? I’ve gone through ALL the suggested settings & nothing has worked. I’m using an iPhone X, if that helps. Any ideas?

Replies

• ceolyn
    ceolyn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Is it not importing your step count and exercise?

Just in case, step count is super subtle and shows up under your calories remaining on the home screen, but nowhere else. I didn't see it there for ages.

Otherwise, try unsynching, resynching, and restarting everything?

Sometimes the export function between my Apple Watch/ Apple activity tracker and MFP just fails and I don't know why. I agree it's super frustrating.
  • chrystenfo
    chrystenfo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was having issues until I went into the Health App and went to sources to allow MFP to read and write. I'm guessing you did that already. What are you needing to sync? I've noticed that it only adjust calories for actual workouts.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I made a big old post about Apple Watches and MFP recently, maybe it can help! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636432/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-apple-watch-3
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I’m trying to sync steps at the moment, but have tried to sync workouts in the past with quite a bit of difficulty.
  • Breezer628
    Breezer628 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My steps sync but my workouts won't either. i've read all the info and tried everything i can find. i did find one spot on my phone that says it's basically waiting for a request from another app, and then you can approve the sharing. however on MFP, it doesn't request info from apple to be able to approve... it says to go to your phone and allow access. its all contradicting. if someone figures it out please let me know!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Breezer628 wrote: »
    My steps sync but my workouts won't either. i've read all the info and tried everything i can find. i did find one spot on my phone that says it's basically waiting for a request from another app, and then you can approve the sharing. however on MFP, it doesn't request info from apple to be able to approve... it says to go to your phone and allow access. its all contradicting. if someone figures it out please let me know!

What are you naming your workouts? A number of the options won’t sync, HIIT, mixed cardio, and cross training being three off the top of my head the last time I checked. That pop up on the MFP app is a bug and doesn’t actually mean anything - I get it all the time and my stuff syncs fine. If you haven’t already, I ran through a bunch of troubleshooting on the post I linked above and just can’t think of it now.
  • bobb2402
    bobb2402 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am using Apple Watch 3 and iPhone to count my steps with MFP. In the morning, I can see the number of steps taken and in MFP the number of calories burnt. I then use my Apple watch Workout app (Outdoor walk - open goal) to monitor the number of steps taken on a five mile walk. Logging into MFP I see the number of calories gained from the walk, but seconds later the calories from the steps taking in the morning get subtracted from that figure. Is it possible to stop that happening?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    My X, watch and MFP all “talk” but steps and calories never match.
  • jon8240
    jon8240 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go to my fitness pal on your iPhone and go to more, settings, privacy and then turn on all the health categories. for some reason they don't tell you to do that anywhere but that's how you'll get two way communication between mfp and Apple Health, which is the central depository of all the health data from the phone and watch.
  • jbrown2339
    jbrown2339 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Having an odd issue. I have my new watch set up with mfp and it seems to be ok, went for a two mile brush dogwalk and then a four mile jog/walk later. Apple watch have me credit for those, but a negative steps credit, so my total calories burned are low. That is odd to me,! Fitbit would have given me allot of calories for that activity, but not Apple watch. Curious if this is normal?

m2w0id025s7v.png
  • jbrown2339
    jbrown2339 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also just noticed my jog was cut off early...looks like from the map I lost a mile and a half from the activity. That's odd.....