How long do hunger pangs last

Options
2»

Replies

• jaquieduck
    jaquieduck Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to snack. If I feel hungry I will eat a FEW almonds (literally like 4 or 5) or some carrot sticks. Then drink water.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Angierae75 wrote: »
    I am never sure what people are talking about when they say "hunger pangs." If my stomach is growling, I'm hungry, and I need to eat. I space my food out to allow for between meal snacks.

Are people talking about actual stomach pain? Because that isn't something I've ever felt because I was hungry.

Otherwise, if I just "want to eat", then unless my stomach is growling, I'm not hungry. So I don't.

I do feel a physical pain at the same time as the stomach rumbling. Kind of a cramp sort of sensation. I also try and time my food to avoid this.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have found that waiting an hour to an hour and a half will usually cause them to subside a little, even without food.
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 55 lbs and have bouts of hunger most every day. I’ve started drinking a full glass of water when it seems too soon after I’ve eaten to be hungry. That works to stop the hunger because I’m actually thirsty not hungry.

Also they make 100 calorie nut packs that take away hunger pains. Popcorn works good too because its high in fiber.

I’m trying to not freak out because I’m hungry. I have to tell myself I will eat again, it will be okay that I’m hungry.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I perceive occasional hunger as a good sign. If I feel a little hungry an hour before meals or an hour before bed, I think I'm doing things right.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you mean with hunger pangs, but if I'm hit by hunger I eat because it makes me weak, shivering and my brain doesn't work properly anymore. Thus for me there only seems to be satiated, slightly hungry, and crash. My blood sugar is and has always been fine though.