Nutella

Options
Hello! A friend of mine who is trying to get into eating healthy told me she has been incorporating Nutella into her meals, I hear it's pretty unhealthy for you b/c of the amount of sugar and being processed. Would most people still be okay eating it or try to stay away?

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can always make your own with sugar free sweeteners.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid foods due to sugar content or the amount of processing they've undergone. I look at them in the overall context of my diet. That is what counts -- not any one particular food.

Does it fit into her nutritional and calorie goals? Then it's part of a healthy diet.

Same here.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I don't have it in my house for the same reason I don't have a box of See's in my house! I will polish it off!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I have it sometimes on pancakes or waffles. Not really often. Even though I'm trying to gain at the moment. I do have ice cream almost everyday though.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I use to have a teaspoon of it as a snack. If it fits within your calories and you like it, why not?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Nutella is delicious. I'm too cheap generally to buy it, but it is delicious.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I've used it. I don't consider it a "healthy" food, but I enjoy it sometimes, so why the heck not?

Then again, I don't subscribe to the idea of removing foods or food groups, just generally eating healthy, fresh, whole foods and moderation in other things. I can eat all the things, just not all the time :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever fits in my calories for the day
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: Nutella is like the exact same thing as those tasty Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Sooo...it’s basically chocolate truffle filling, lol. Seriously. It’s the same company. :D
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It is calorie dense. The end.
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like both, but Nutella is produced by a candy maker. The first time I tasted Nutella I stole a bit from SO snack, I was shocked and asked him why he was eating Ferrero truffle filling :D