Looks Like a Sleepless Night for me...........

Options
Thunderstorms are starting to roll in and I am scared to death of storms. I will not be able to fall asleep as long as the storms are rolling through.

:noway: :noway:

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it'll be a sleepless night for you. My mom used to be afraid of storms, too.

Is it because they could produce tornadoes? Or, just the loudness of them?
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it'll be a sleepless night for you. My mom used to be afraid of storms, too.

Is it because they could produce tornadoes? Or, just the loudness of them?

Everything about them, the thunder, lightening, wind, flash flood warnings tonight..............

Terrified of tornadoes too and I live in the Midwest................

I was terrified of hurricanes too when I lived on the East Coast. LOL

I am not scared of many things, but storms are one of those things that I am scared of.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midwest, too...Indy. We'll be getting storms later.

I know it's not much consolation, but you're inside, so you should be pretty safe from lightning. Are you on an elevated area...or, elevated enough that should it flood, it won't reach you?

As for tornadoes, being that you live in the midwest, I'm assuming you know what to do? Where to go? As long as you're listening to the radio, they give warnings better than they used to.

I've never been through a hurricane...just have dealt with the remnants of them. I know it sounds strange, but I wouldn't mind being in one. lol Storms have never bothered me.

My fear: spiders. I don't mean just a fear...it's a ginormous fear. My husband found out the hard way one night when I had a nightmare and nearly shook him to death...in my sleep!! lol
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your sleepless night. You could always move out here to Southern California and be rocked to sleep by the earthquakes!! I grew up in Memphis, TN and am still to this day terrified of thunderstorms and tornadoes.

Earthquakes...well...eventually you just get used to them.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your sleepless night. You could always move out here to Southern California and be rocked to sleep by the earthquakes!! I grew up in Memphis, TN and am still to this day terrified of thunderstorms and tornadoes.

Earthquakes...well...eventually you just get used to them.

We get earthquakes around here from time to time too.....................

The New Madrid fault line runs right along side the Mississippi River............

I am dragging this morning. I got about 2 hours of sleep last night. On top of the storms, I am also on call this week for work.