Just me banging on about make up

Options

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My main challenge is definitely false eyelashes or eyeshadow. Most of, if not all, of the makeup I use is either Katie Von D or from tarte. KVD foundation, concealer, eyeliner and powders are amazing. The lipstick all depends on the batch really.

I love doing my makeup, it's like my me time and a way for me to pamper myself
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I think eyeliners look hot on a guy & on woman it brings out there eyes .

g3g58qnu1hxq.jpeg

I like boys in eyeliner sometimes

Wayyyy behind, but I just had to say it: captain hook from Once, amiright?

This guy .. I had to look it up

4eb5lwj3t720.jpg

Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhh
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    As someone who has a little artistic talent, I bought a contouring palette to try out. I ended up looking like something Picasso might have painted on LSD.
    Not for me.
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    As someone who has a little artistic talent, I bought a contouring palette to try out. I ended up looking like something Picasso might have painted on LSD.
    Not for me.

Did you blend enough? I look stupid before I use my beauty blender to thoroughly blend it

I swear I blended! It just looked so wrong! Could’ve been the brand or maybe my crappy skin.. the thought of doing that day in, day out.. I’d rather spend the time sleeeping, tbh. :/

• BoosDimples
    Options
    Not for me.

Did you blend enough? I look stupid before I use my beauty blender to thoroughly blend it

I swear I blended! It just looked so wrong! Could’ve been the brand or maybe my crappy skin.. the thought of doing that day in, day out.. I’d rather spend the time sleeeping, tbh. :/

Well it definitely took some practice for me, for sure. Now I do my makeup in about 10-15 mins each morning, and that includes some light contouring.

Not saying you have to - but I'd want to get use of makeup I bought so I wouldn't feel like I wasted money

No, I get that. I use it as a concealer palette , now.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    I use Mary Kay products as well... They have a liquid eye liner that is the ONLY one I've ever successfully put on my face without looking like an angry clown reject. I'm pretty low-maintenance. I *do* wear make-up to the office every day, but just CC cream, and eye make-up... and every once in a while some lipstick. I have a pic somewhere of me in 'Adam's Family' make-up (found it!).... which is the only time I"ve ever managed to do a full face and not look like a complete idiot...

Pics inside:
    Morticia:
    5ymqpt9cno6p.jpg

What I normally look like:
    bgkruqkkgito.png

The only 'must have' for me is moisturizer... I use it religiously.

Your lip color accents your complexion perfectly (not the Elvira one, the natural one). Did you have your most compatible color schemes analyzed? It took me years to understand that just because pastel colors looked beautiful in the compacts, they don't necessarily make me look so pretty. I'm limited to neutrals, rusts and tawny colors for the face. For nails - sheer pastels and opalesque frosts. I'd post a pedicure selfie if I had one, maybe next time I go to the salon when summer is approaching.

Thank you for the lovely compliment. :) It's my favorite lipstick, but I almost never use it since I'm not girl enough to remember to reapply. LOL!

And no, I've never had my 'most compatible color shcemes analyzed, but I think that'd be interesting. Probably too much trouble for me, but interesting just the same. :) I usually just go with browns/neutrals to work, nothing on my face on the weekends.

How often do you do pedicures? I run, so frequently lose toenails... so I gave up there. I've been running less lately, so maybe I'll still have toenails this spring for a pedi? I love pretty toenails! Next time you get a pedi, you should start a 'show me you toes' thread. :lol:
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I get pedicure once a month.
    My nails look like they got caught in the garbage disposal though. Lol
  • TheDon2018
    TheDon2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Estée Lauder is some good makeup. But my challenge is eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, can always get one side to look perfect and the other one I mess up so much I rub my eye till it's raw to fix it. So I just use an eyeliner brush and dip it into brown eyeshadow and smudge it on. Looks a lot more natural on me. But I use foundation, natural eyeshadow so tans and a little brown, mascara of course and In the summer bronzer. But I try to stay fairly natural most of the time. And I just use Walmart makeup, works great for me and I can afford it lol

You should totally try using tape for the bottom line of the wing and u can just adjust the tape until they're equally leveled and then create little dots to ensure they'll be equally long and then slowly build the thickness of the winged eyeliner upon your preference
  • 100_PROOF_
    Options
    TheDon2018 wrote: »
    Estée Lauder is some good makeup. But my challenge is eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, can always get one side to look perfect and the other one I mess up so much I rub my eye till it's raw to fix it. So I just use an eyeliner brush and dip it into brown eyeshadow and smudge it on. Looks a lot more natural on me. But I use foundation, natural eyeshadow so tans and a little brown, mascara of course and In the summer bronzer. But I try to stay fairly natural most of the time. And I just use Walmart makeup, works great for me and I can afford it lol

You should totally try using tape for the bottom line of the wing and u can just adjust the tape until they're equally leveled and then create little dots to ensure they'll be equally long and then slowly build the thickness of the winged eyeliner upon your preference

What kind of tape?
    I'm over here taking notes
  • TheDon2018
    edited February 2018
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »

What kind of tape?

Excuse my English it's my third language so not sure what it's called. But it's like the tape that's mild on your skin, you use it when you have a wound and they put gauze strips or cotton. U can buy it at any pharmacy store or maybe even those big Walmarts I'm assuming, if you're from the states. But u can use any tape. I sometimes take normal clear tape for wrapping and just put it and rip it on my hand a few times to soften the glue.

Do your eyebrows first then cut them with concealer, foundation or a skin coloured eyelid primer. Then do your eyeshadow. Then finally your eyeliner and that way the tape won't take your makeup off u just put on your foundation and if u do accidentally go slightly over your liner u have the count out of the liner to just fill in again with the liquid liner.
  • 100_PROOF_
    Options

What kind of tape?

Excuse my English it's my third language so not sure what it's called. But it's like the tape that's mild on your skin, you use it when you have a wound and they put gauze atrips or cotton. U can buy it at any pharmacy store or maybe even those big Walmarts I'm assuming, if you're from the states. But u can use any tape. I sometimes take normal clear tape for wrapping and just put it and rip it on my hand a few times to soften the glue.

Do your eyebrows first then cut them with concealer, foundation or a skin coloured eyelid primer. Then do your eyeshadow. Then finally your eyeliner and that way the tape won't take your makeup off u just put on your foundation and if u do accidentally go slightly over your liner u have the count out of the liner to just fill in again with the liquid liner.

Thanks, I have both kinds of tape so I will try both tonight.
    Your English is just fine! :)
  • TheDon2018
    Options

What kind of tape?

Excuse my English it's my third language so not sure what it's called. But it's like the tape that's mild on your skin, you use it when you have a wound and they put gauze atrips or cotton. U can buy it at any pharmacy store or maybe even those big Walmarts I'm assuming, if you're from the states. But u can use any tape. I sometimes take normal clear tape for wrapping and just put it and rip it on my hand a few times to soften the glue.

Thanks, I have both kinds of tape so I will try both tonight.
    Your English is just fine! :)

Haha thanks. Awesome let me know how it goes post a photo up here :smiley:
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I am like a right handed person with two left hands when it comes to most girly things like makeup and hair styling lol. When I do put on makeup, I do minimal liner on my eyes, mascara, and light lip color/chapstick. And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to properly work a curling iron. I’ve watched multiple YouTube videos, but when I try to curl my own hair it’s like i have no thumbs and I’m a cat trying to write like a human.
  • TheDon2018
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I am like a right handed person with two left hands when it comes to most girly things like makeup and hair styling lol. When I do put on makeup, I do minimal liner on my eyes, mascara, and light lip color/chapstick. And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to properly work a curling iron. I’ve watched multiple YouTube videos, but when I try to curl my own hair it’s like i have no thumbs and I’m a cat trying to write like a human.

Have u tried a curling iron that rotates for you? You basically take a small chunk of hair brush it through and put the end of your hair (to the best of ur ability depending on if it's layered as close to the end) in this mini clip/tong at the bottom of the iron, then u press the button and it will rotate clockwise or anti clockwise for u. You hold it for 10-15-20 seconds depending on the temperature and the type of hair you have, you release the minitong at the bottom of your hair where u initially had secured the end of your hair, let go and voila. If u don't have one u should invest in one of them check online!