Those who eat the same thing for lunch every day, what are you eating?

Options
13»

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have a huge "mexican" chicken and vegetable soup. I've had it everyday for months, never get tired of it. I don't track so cant give you the macros or calorie count.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    100 calorie greek yogurt
    60 calories? they're tiny lately - gala apple
    110 - pretzels
    50 - string cheese

320 total

I'm 5'4 at ~140 lbs. Trying to lose at 1100-1200/day during the week. I eat more on the weekends...
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: half cup cooked steel cut oatmeal in vanilla protein powder with unsweetened cocoa powder, sometimes half banana sliced into this too

Lunch: one cup nonfat fage yogurt with one cup fruit and stevia, and/or half cup cottage cheese with one cup fruit and stevia, and/or a pre prepped plate of protein, veggie, and small starch from night before, and/or Kodiak protein waffle made with milk, egg, stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder with 1T almond or peanut butter and half a banana, and/or a veggie salad with hard boiled egg whites and leftover meat or tuna with 1T Olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Dinner: any of the above or steak, fish, whatever I have cooked or leftovers, wine sometimes, chips too often, same with chocolate

Around 2500-3000 calories... New at this macros are all over the place but I do try to get 140-160 grams protein, 200 or so (usually more) carbs, and 60-80 fat. I am not trying to lose weight but working at building muscles!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    7oz of baked chicken thighs, 4oz of broccoli and a serving (28g) of walnuts. Great volume and its damn tasty!
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day I usually eat a lean cuisine type microwave meal for lunch I am not sure of the macros but calories are 250-350 calories and they fill me up
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to macros, but I eat the same lunches all week long - though I do switch them up each week. This week is kind of a hodge podge lunch. I'm having baby carrots with hummus, a string cheese, an apple and a pack of almonds. Totaling around 345. I usually keep my lunches between 300-400 calories. My total calories for the day is 1200.

Last week I had a BLT wrap with a turkey stick (similar to a Slim Jim but made with turkey, Frigio makes it in a pack with string cheese), it was a lighter lunch coming in around 290. But I prefer to have a smaller breakfast and lunch, then have a bigger dinner.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »
    Tuna sandwich: 2.5 oz low sodium starkist tuna, 1 tablespoon fat free mayo, two slices of aunt millie's lite potato bread. Feel free to browse food diary.
    186lbs, down from 222 97 days ago.[/quote

Is your food diary only open to friends? I can't see it :)
  • tmpecus78
    Options
    Around 2500-3000 calories... New at this macros are all over the place but I do try to get 140-160 grams protein, 200 or so (usually more) carbs, and 60-80 fat. I am not trying to lose weight but working at building muscles!

Finally a women who doesn't eat 1200 calories! :o
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't eat the exact same thing every day, but do I have a sort of rotation. I don't care too much about macros except I do maintain a moderate to high carb diet so my lunches typically have a decent amount of carbs. My calorie goal for lunch is typically to stay between 250 and 400, as I prefer a larger dinner. In any event, rarely over 400 unless we are doing an office lunch, or I have a lunch meeting out of the office. My lunch is usually either a salad, a salad and soup, or a frozen entree (usually Amy's organic brand but I do like a few of the Evol and Sweet Earth brand entrees). Whatever I have, I do usually have a side of fruit as well. The last few weeks it's been strawberries and/or peaches because they've been very good recently. This week, on both Monday and Tuesday I had salad, soup and a peach. Today I am having Amy's thai green curry and strawberries. Tomorrow, who knows. I've got a pretty decent stockpile of Amy's in the freezer right now from a sale at Target a few weeks ago so probably one of those.

ETA typical calories.
  • fossilising
    fossilising Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple for breakfast and for lunch I have a tuna bagel, doritos crisps, and an apple. It's when I have my evening meal that I make sure to change it up and have different things.
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    2 Cups of Olivia's Baby Butter Lettuce, .5 cups cherry tomato, 1/4 cup of cucumber, 1 oz. of goat cheese. hard boiled egg, Olde Cape Cod Sesame ginger dressing (only 40 cals per serving), and I'll top it off with another protein, either a veggie burger, Gardein Chickn' Strips (Vegan), sometimes some sliced turkey or chicken. Some rendition of that. Under 300 cals. and I'm FULL until dinner (around 6-7 p.m.)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    tmpecus78 wrote: »

Do you realize than some women are small and don't need to eat (or shouldn't eat ) 2500-3000 calories a day to lose weight or to maintain, don't you? Or that some female athletes do require more calorie intake that the regular female population, don't you? And you did read that @flowerhorsey was trying to gain muscle mass, didn't you>:)
  • tmpecus78
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Do you realize than some women are small and don't need to eat (or shouldn't eat ) 2500 calories a day to lose weight or to maintain, don't you? Or that some female athletes do require more calorie intake that the regular female population, don't you? >:)

There is no reason for you to get butt-hurt by my comment above. I'm sure you are well aware that MFP pretty much defaults most female's calories at 1200 and I'm willing to bet a high percentage will automatically follow those said calories because MFP told them so. Again, no reason for you to get defensive.
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I aim for 1350-1400 calories/day. I'm down about 11 pounds since Jan 2. 5'7", 174, 45 years old.

Breakfast:
    blended with ice
    1 scoop of 310 Powder Vanilla Chai
    2 teaspoons Old Home no sugar added all natural peanut butter
    1 small ripe banana
    2/3 cup of Triple Zero Dannon Vanilla Yogurt
    1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Lunch:
    1 or 1.5 baked boneless skinless chicken thighs approx 5 ounces
    5-6 steamed baby carrots
    1 cup steam broccoli
    3/4 cup of baked sweet potato

This puts me at 800 calories with 90 Carbs/31 Fat/ 59 Protein/ 26 Fiber /33 Sugar, leaving enough room for a decent balanced meal at dinner of approx 600 calories.

I have had no cravings or feelings of being hungry on this so far and have eaten this since Jan 2. And I'm not bored with it either (amazingly).

I make up my entire week of lunches on Sunday.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Lunch is 3 eggs plus 4-6 ounces of leftover protein from the evening before and fresh veggies/berries (100 grams of broccoli for example plus blueberries). Macros and calories vary depending on the leftover protein. I usually vary the veggies between spinach, broccoli and cauliflower and sometimes switch them out for packaged salad (but very infrequently).
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Do you realize than some women are small and don't need to eat (or shouldn't eat ) 2500 calories a day to lose weight or to maintain, don't you? Or that some female athletes do require more calorie intake that the regular female population, don't you? >:)

There is no reason for you to get butt-hurt by my comment above. I'm sure you are well aware that MFP pretty much defaults most female's calories at 1200 and I'm willing to bet a high percentage will automatically follow those said calories because MFP told them so. Again, no reason for you to get defensive.

You considered my post defensive, and I considered your post offensive. We are even. Bye. :)
  • katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    4-5 oz baked chicken seasoned with olive oil.
    1.5 cups grapes or 2 clementines
    About four stalks of celery (I cut up two packages per 5 day week)
    And a redbull (yeah yeah, I know)
    Ends up being about 600 calories I think off the top of my head, but I eat it in 2 portions at 10 and 2 usually and my other meals are lighter :smile:
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    During winter: vegetable soup made with courgette, carrot, some kind of squash, probably come cabbage and a chicken cup soup sachet. ~130 calories, no idea of the macros.
    During summer: tuna or cheese salad - lettuce, carrot, tomatoes, cucumber and a either a can of tuna or 30g of light cheese. Generally around 200 calories.

I'm 5'5", 27 and female. Currently on 1400-odd calories. I like to save most of my calories for the afternoon and evening as I get hungrier later in the day.