Advice please

Options
Hi everyone.

Can someone kindly look over this for me.

I'm 5ft, weighing 60kg.... My goal is to lose 5kg. Is that too much for my height?

I am on 1200 deficit, activity level as sedentary but I have my fitness tracker so tend to eat them back. Usually I work 3 times a week and it's physical work usually doing 20k steps on work days. Other than that I'm yet to do much more exercise....

Anyway, I do not have a lot of fat anywhere other than my stomach. Everyone says you cannot target and it's the last to go, but what if it's the only place it's storing?

I was thinking about starting running and cycling. Any other suggestions?

I'm still working on logging the for accurately, I have a scale. What I struggle with is weighing condiments etc. Ketchup for example.... I know it should be weighed but do people really do that or can we just eyeball? Snacks, what if I have like just a handful of crisps randomly. Do I just eyeball things like that as well?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    if you can, weight it. that way you know and teach yourself what the proper serving sizes look like.

As for something like ketchup, the tare feature is very helpful. Put the bottle on the scale and hit tare back to 0, put the ketchup on your meal and then put it back on before it resets. whatever the negative number shows is how much ketchup you put on!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Cellby wrote: »
    What I struggle with is weighing condiments etc. Ketchup for example.... I know it should be weighed but do people really do that or can we just eyeball? Snacks, what if I have like just a handful of crisps randomly. Do I just eyeball things like that as well?
    For things in bottles and jars, you can put the container on the scale, tare the scale so it goes to zero, take out however much of the product you want, and then put the container back on the scale. That will show how many grams you removed. Milliliters are not equal to grams (except for water and things with the density of water) but for condiments in small amounts, I find it's a close enough estimate.

I don't get handfuls of snacks. I weigh out how much I want onto a little paper plate.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and 55kgs has me at the upper level of my BMI so that goal for you is realistic and healthy. You may get there and decide to lose a bit more if you like but this would mainly be for vanity pounds. Just remember that with so little to lose and being vertically challenged that weight loss will be slow (around 1/4 kg a week) and accuracy in logging is essential but others have given great advice on doing that.