Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gained weight but lost inches - due to exercise?

My weight is nearly at my highest ever - 9 st 10 (136lbs / 62kg) at 5’5 - 27yr female. Measurements are 36 - 27.5 - 39.

However, my measurements (esp. waist) are the same as it was 5 - 10 lbs lighter...and 1.5 inches smaller then it was last Time I weighed so much (I keep yo yoing from 123 lbs to 137 lbs).

Basically my question is why is my weight so high, and not lowering as easily as before, yet I’m losing/not gaining inches ?!

I do exercise but mostly cardio and I’m sure you know I can’t have gained so much muscle! I’m eating healthier then I did before at this weight - is that why?

I’ve weighed this much for 3 + weeks so not water weight, I’m just putting on scale weight much faster then inches, which it used to be the opposite for me.

Any answers?

Replies

• Juan2manyTacos
    Juan2manyTacos Posts: 19 Member
    Your diet could have something to do with your thinner waistline unless your pants stretched out. Or maybe your gaining weight in one specific spot. I’ve always thought that thought when you gain weight it’s spread out evenly. Also the older we get the harder it is to keep the weight off. We literally have to work harder. This means eating/drinking right and working out regularly. I had to check myself that’s how I ended up with this app