Need help to lose weight/diet help!!!!

Options
My goal is to lose weight plus build up bit of muscle and lower body fat im only doing resistance training with no cardio so im in and out of the gym within a half an hour no hanging around. I need help with my diet I wont eat rice or sweet potato or quinoa as carbs so any other carbs could you suggest that I could eat some wholegrains but not sure what wholgrain carbs that I can eat to fill me up

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Losing weight plus building muscle doesn't really happen with a few exceptions (overweight, or new to training)

You may want to focus on one goal at a time - depending on your current weight/bf%, you may want to continue eating in a deficit to lose fat, or eat at maintenance to do a recomp.

While I'm all for training efficiently, are you following an actual program? (one that structures progressive goals?)

Why won't you eat rice, sweet potatoes or quinoa? You could eat any other grain, in any form, or beans/legumes. Starchy vegies are a good carb source, and fruit too.

Feeling full is a personal thing - I like lots of volume so tend to go for more vegie based carbs over grains. Protein fills me up better, so I incorporate a decent protein source in each meal too.
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I dont eat rice or sweet potato or quinoa cause it makes me feel like puking up when eating it (sick)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    I dont eat rice or sweet potato or quinoa cause it makes me feel like puking up when eating it (sick)

Okay... regular potatoes, pasta, beans, fruit, cereal
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Can I eat white pasta? But I think it wont fill me up be hungry soon after eating pasta so I was told
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You can eat ANYTHING, just learn how to weigh and log it properly and stop eating when you've had enough.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Can I eat white pasta? But I think it wont fill me up be hungry soon after eating pasta so I was told

But is this your experience? Being told something and experimenting with how you yourself feel are two completely different things.

Cook your pasta how you like it. Weigh out a serving (how ever much that is for you) log it, enjoy the pasta. Hungry afterwards? Maybe the serving size was too small for you. Or you need more bulk - so add some (lots) of veggies to the pasta. Or you need more protein - add a source of protein you like. Or you need more fats - add some good quality oils. To lose weight, the what you eat is less important than the how much you eat.

Always: weigh what you add to your pasta so you know how many calories you consume. Based on that, learn to estimate the portion so that when you eat out, you can make an educated guess as to portion size.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    You gotta just keep trying things. When I'm cutting, I eat a lot less carbs because they don't fill me up. I usually sub things like spaghetti squash for pasta, etc.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

So you've never eaten it? Why don't you try it first and see.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    Okay, let's start from the beginning.

How much do you weigh? How much do you want to weigh? What's your TDEE? What is your current calorie goal? What does your macro split look like, in terms of grams of each? What does your workout schedule entail?
  • sflano1271
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I weigh 96.8kg I want to get down to about 60-65kg. My current calorie goal is 1,960 calories. My macros are 40per cent for protein198grams carbs 35per cent 172grams and fats 25per cent 54grams. I workout 5-6days a week I only do resistance training ie lifting weights fast plus all I spend in the gym is 30minutes each day no hanging around and I don't do cardio I hate it. plus 5mins warm up on bike before workouts. I just need to be in a calorie deficit to get my bodyfat down and see my abs etc my TDEE is 2,325
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

No one can tell you what is filling for you. This is an individual thing.

Will you be eating pasta by itself or will it be part of a meal? I like pasta, so I eat pasta. But pasta is calorie dense so I bulk up the sauce with lots of veggies. The veggies give me added fiber. I also include a protein source.
  • sflano1271
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like to eat pasta with pasta sause wit chicken breast and carrots I could eat potatos aswel instead of pasta
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like to eat pasta with pasta sauce with chicken breast and carrots

This meal may very well be filling for you (protein and fiber are in there). If not, perhaps add dietary fat (use chicken thighs, maybe include the skin). Dietary fat is another component that people find filling (myself included). Cheese would be another possible fat addition.
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Ye I like cheese singles you know the pack of 20 you can get in aldi with toast lol
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    I weigh 96.8kg I want to get down to about 60-65kg. My current calorie goal is 1,960 calories. My macros are 40per cent for protein198grams carbs 35per cent 172grams and fats 25per cent 54grams. I workout 5-6days a week I only do resistance training ie lifting weights fast plus all I spend in the gym is 30minutes each day no hanging around and I don't do cardio I hate it. plus 5mins warm up on bike before workouts. I just need to be in a calorie deficit to get my bodyfat down and see my abs etc my TDEE is 2,325

Okay, you've definitely thought this through, which is great. If I were you, I'd personally increase the fats a bit and decrease the carbs. Things like chili made with ground turkey with beans are really filling for me, and I can eat and eat and eat. You have to experiment to figure out what keeps you full. Even during this bulk I ever had to resort to volume eating to stay satiated. Lots of low call veggies have been the answer for me. Other people think higher proteins or fats keep them full.
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Ok thanks