Found my balance after years of yo-yo, ready for more

Options
Hi. Im 39 and I have always been on or off a diet, and put my health on the to-do list. Im a highly motivated strict person and could lose 80lbs(on/off switch), but never maintain it. In a year I would be back up. Ive always hated pictures of myself, because I always thought I was better than the pictures, I didnt like compliments on my weight loss, because I didnt feel good enough.

A friend got me doing Beach Body Dvd’s, and forcefully made me start taking selfies, I hated it, but somewhere in exchanging pictures with her, I stopped living in the past or future. I started accepting me, not perfect, not my best, not someone elses best, and it was fun and motivating. Anyway. I lost 40 lbs and have maintained it 2 years, I enjoy exercise and having found a balance in eating.

I feel great, but I know my BMI and weight need to be lower, and ive been looking to exchange with someone and keep each other accountable... and a new friend suggested MFP... Im a very open and honest person, but not overly social.... I kept and open mind and started taking selfies.... now its time I graduate to meeting like minded people, that have or haven't found, what they didn't know they were looking for.

Im excited to see what I learn and take away from this next step.

Replies