Anybody else craving Summer already?

Options
AdamAthletic
AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
Maybe it’s partially due to the fact I live in England and winter is especially dull but, looking outside and seeing rain, gloomy weather..

It’s not for me!!

I want summer back.. warmer weather, running outside, trips away hiking..

Who’s with me?!?!

Replies

• W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I am seriously all year, even during Summer I'm mourning; for the previous days of it!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Not craving summer (I can do without the humidity and endless days of temperatures in the 90s). But eagerly anticipating spring, sunny and 70s.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add to your thread.
    Who's the asshatclown who decided to stock the entrance of Target Department store with bikinis already? I mean, they had them hanging in our faces, right when you walk in, at the beginning of January. :/
    But besides that, I can't wait until it's warm enough to go swimming, no matter what suit I wear.
  • SaraB_82
    SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. Up here in artic Maine where winter lasts into March. I get so tired of the cold, and snow, and ice, and slush, and AHHHHRG. Summer here on the coast certainly makes up for it though!
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    No way. Even when I was slim(ish) I wasn't keen on heat. At current weight anything beyond 25°C is horrible. Buuuut if summer waits until... you know... summer, I might not feel as uncomfortable in the heat as I would now.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yes. Summer is my favorite and I am always ready and excited for it. I want those long, long sunny days...they make me happy!

Spring and Fall are okay too. It's just Winter I hate with a passion. I always feel less healthy and active in the Winter. Yuck.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Not craving summer (I can do without the humidity and endless days of temperatures in the 90s). But eagerly anticipating spring, sunny and 70s.

Even in summer we rarely get those temperatures here!
    I would also like to add to your thread.
    Who's the asshatclown who decided to stock the entrance of Target Department store with bikinis already? I mean, they had them hanging in our faces, right when you walk in, at the beginning of January. :/
    But besides that, I can't wait until it's warm enough to go swimming, no matter what suit I wear.

Aha yeah! That and the endless supply of general summer wear!
    SaraB_82 wrote: »
    Tell me about it. Up here in artic Maine where winter lasts into March. I get so tired of the cold, and snow, and ice, and slush, and AHHHHRG. Summer here on the coast certainly makes up for it though!

At least the summer makes up for it hey! Our winters in England seem to last forever too, not sure we even got a summer last year!
    MikaMojito wrote: »
    No way. Even when I was slim(ish) I wasn't keen on heat. At current weight anything beyond 25°C is horrible. Buuuut if summer waits until... you know... summer, I might not feel as uncomfortable in the heat as I would now.

Ah okay!
    Personally I really enjoy the heat but I have to agree it can get a little uncomfortable when it’s too hot!
    Yes. Summer is my favorite and I am always ready and excited for it. I want those long, long sunny days...they make me happy!

Spring and Fall are okay too. It's just Winter I hate with a passion. I always feel less healthy and active in the Winter. Yuck.

Yeah, just looking outside now and it’s raining here - so frustrating, I want to go for a long run!!!!
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    No. The winter here was a joke. It's already getting freaking hot again. UGH.
  • ashleyrebekah392
    ashleyrebekah392 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I HATE winter!! Even if there's no snow I just hate the cold and hate not being able to go outside and do anything! Can't wait till it's warm again and can go to the lake with my daughter and hubby. Pretty sure if I could live on the beach forever I would. Never get cold again lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Except for getting away to the mountains to do some camping, summer sucks...too friggin' hot.

We've had an unseasonably warm winter as well and temps are already hitting mid to upper 60s and it's barely February.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I'm sick to death of winter. I'm ready for it to be over. But to be fair when Summer is in full swing I'm ready for that to be over too.
  • SherFit89
    SherFit89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This morning was -39C and I am so ready for summer now!!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    For me the best part of summer isn't the warmer weather (since Florida gets pretty stinkin' hot). It is the longer hours of daylight. When I lived and worked in the northeast, I would leave for work just after the winter sun came up, and it would already be dark before I'd leave the office. Even now I am counting the days until daylight savings time begins. (March 11...save the date!)
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Nope. *kitten* summer. Too damn hot and hurricanes.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    No my summer body is not loaded yet!!!
  • digidoomed
    digidoomed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Definitely a big fan of summer(when it isnt disgusting out)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    OMG yes. Winter has been awful for running outdoors this season. I actually will be glad to cut grass again.
  • YouBlowMyMind
    YouBlowMyMind Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Summer here atm I'm craving winter ha-ha