Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How To Get Past The Drunk Funk?

I went out last night, with my hubby and we had a very good time. Maybe a little TOO good because I woke up in a fog and a headache. Now I'm all sluggish. How do I get past the drunk funk? I wanna run and do some weights tonight but if I keep feeling like this, I totally can't.

Replies

• Jazz_Hands
    Jazz_Hands Posts: 55 Member
    Hydration and an aspirin.
    I find that caffeine sometimes helps clear the fog too.
  • beepermad
    beepermad Posts: 198
    Moderate workout, coconut water, lots of water.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Have another drink. :smile:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Water, food, more water.. also getting off your butt and just going for a run helps.

There is a saying about hair of the dog.. you could have another beer or spirit if you feel so inclined but yeah..
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,383 Member
    Oh yes you can! When I was still in the Marine Corps, there were many times I felt like that and had to get up at 5:30am to go for calisthenics and a platoon run of 3+ miles. It's not that hard and it helps you sweat out the funk. Stop thinking you cant and just doo eet! :bigsmile:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Sweat it out! But I agree on more (lots!) of water, eat some fruits/veggies, and maybe some green tea. That's my fix anyway!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    A tablespoon or two of vodka
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Well my eyes really read that title wrong..
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Water! Lots of water. You are probably dehydrated.
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    You need some water, babe. Like 1-2 glasses for whatever you drank. And if you have any B vitamins, that's a good choice to take as well, along with an aspirin.

Totally been there....probably will be there tomorrow. Just be patient and hydrate!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member

Bwahaha!
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member

Bwahaha!

Haha! I feel bad :(
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    sugar and caffeine might work
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Hydrate, Vit C. I find swimming is my go to hangover exercise & as a side note I take Milk Thistle in the run up to a heavy drinking session. Personally I find it does wonders for stopping the following 24-48hr bleurgh! :drinker:
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Lots of water, a multivitamin and another night of sleep.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    I went out last night, with my hubby and we had a very good time. Maybe a little TOO good because I woke up in a fog and a headache. Now I'm all sluggish. How do I get past the drunk funk? I wanna run and do some weights tonight but if I keep feeling like this, I totally can't.

Hey, you DID it to yourself Consciously or maybe not...anyway, live with it and let it go, drink plenty of water and FRESH juice and let your LIVER detox naturally! You will get VERY QUESTIONABLE "Advice" from the ignorant about taking in caffeine, aspirin or ibuprofen or any OTC Drug. Here is a WARNING: Your LIVER is Already STRESSED by the alcohol and having to filter it...If you add any drugs on top of that you are asking for overload, and with a continual course Liver damage. Have you read the WARNING on those OTC Drugs...Alone, w/o alcohol they can and DO cause Liver damage, with alcohol it is tripled. Stop the "madness" now while you have a good Liver, Spleen and Kidneys. If you must drink alcohol, DO NOT make it worse by using OTC Drugs with it!

ETA: And people are always bytchin and moanin about gaining wt, retaining water...NEWS FLASH, you gain weight because of what YOU CHOOSE to put in your MOUTH; and Exercise is NOT the Cure, it's 9:1 ratio at BEST the role that food vs exercise plays relative to wt loss-maintenance and Good Health, 90% FOOD/Drink and 10% exercise (at Best)!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member

Hey, you DID it to yourself Consciously or maybe not...anyway, live with it and let it go, drink plenty of water and FRESH juice and let your LIVER detox naturally! You will get VERY QUESTIONABLE "Advice" from the ignorant about taking in caffeine, aspirin or ibuprofen or any OTC Drug. Here is a WARNING: Your LIVER is Already STRESSED by the alcohol and having to filter it...If you add any drugs on top of that you are asking for overload, and with a continual course Liver damage. Have you read the WARNING on those OTC Drugs...Alone, w/o alcohol they can and DO cause Liver damage, with alcohol it is tripled. Stop the "madness" now while you have a good Liver, Spleen and Kidneys. If you must drink alcohol, DO NOT make it worse by using OTC Drugs with it!

ETA: And people are always bytchin and moanin about gaining wt, retaining water...NEWS FLASH, you gain weight because of what YOU CHOOSE to put in your MOUTH; and Exercise is NOT the Cure, it's 9:1 ratio at BEST the role that food vs exercise plays relative to wt loss-maintenance and Good Health, 90% FOOD/Drink and 10% exercise (at Best)!

Wow you must be a whole lot of fun at parties.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    I approach all hangovers the same way:

Wake up and figure out where I am
    Chug a gatorade and two advils
    Promise God I'll never drink again if he will just let me get one more effing second of sleep
    Sleep for 12 hours
    Spend next twelve dealing with drunk dials, texts and facebook messages
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Lots of water and a nice meal always helped me out in that situation.
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    My perfect hangover cure

1 huge glass of water, gulp it down if you can manage a second do it.
    2 Ibuprofen (Advil in US) Any other painkiller just makes it worse I find, this one removes that swelling in the headfeeling.
    Eat something small, anything, just to line your tummy a little bit. Even a dry single piece of bread will do.
    1/2 Can of coca-cola or lucozade, sugar version, diet soda will not help here.
    Get up and do something, anything a little active. Tidy your drunken mess from last night, do some house chores
    Have a nice long shower
    Finish sipping the rest of that 1/2 Can cola
    *Energised* Go exercise or rush around getting all your daily to-do list done, go go go

3-5hours later - you will start to crash a little but can still have a productive day, just go to bed a couple hours earlier.

I know the above is technically so bad but in the end it will be will be worth for you being able to get up and do stuff, just add a little extra work in on a better day in to burn it off.