New here..

Options
Hiya, I'm Dave. I've been using the myfitnesspal app for several months now & I love how it helps me not only with tracking what I'm eating, but with accountability. Still working on getting entries in every single day.. sometimes I forget. :/

I started trying to drop weight in August '17.. I was at nearly 275, & felt horrible most of the time. I'm not really following a specific diet, per se.. mainly, I tried to define my weak spots (which happen to be breads, pastas, and sweets, like 99% of only EVERYONE) and cut those out. That, combined with portion control and the physical labor & walking that comes along w/my job (usually 3-6 miles per day, carrying a 20lb backpack if I don't drive at work) seems to be working.. I was down to 230 by the beginning of December. HOWEVER.. I ended up falling off the wagon until last week. My first cruise and the holidays killed my motivation, and I put about 10lbs back on.

SO, back to the grind. I've added workout sessions to my week.. following a 5x5 program, 3 times per week. I'm hoping this will not only help me shed some fat, but also build a little more physical strength and endurance. I'm not a young'un anymore, and I HURT at the end of my workday.

Anyhow, that's me. Apologies for the book here. Please feel free to add me to your friends list if you like.. I promise I'm not this wordy when messaging.

Replies