Lightly Active

Options
WillingtoLose1001984
WillingtoLose1001984 Posts: 240 Member
edited February 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I started working for my dad recently part time and I've been super hungry. Its been hard for me to stick to my calorie goal and I overate quite a bit one day. I stand, walk short distances, lift packages, and my arms are constantly moving for about 3-4 hours 5 days a week. Would this mean I should change from sedentary to lightly active? I had been losing great about 2.4 lbs a week at 280 lbs.

Replies

• WillingtoLose1001984
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Also should I eat less on the weekend when I am more sedentary?
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest eating more on your work days, and slowing your weight loss a bit. If you have been keeping accurate (insofar as possible) data by weighing/measuring your food and using reliable data base entries for calories, you can up your work-day calories by 500-750 and see if that helps your goal to maintain a weekly deficit without feeling like you are starving. In terms of eating less on the weekend, that is up to you. Some folks find it helps to set a weekly calorie goal (mine is around 9500 to lose about 2 pounds a month) and work with that.
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    edited February 2018
    Options
    For a long time I just ate what I wanted pretty much and really didn't believe I could lose the weight. Even in elementary school I was about 20 or 30 lbs overweight. Then I gain some during pregnancy and after. I was in a very stressful and emotionally abusive situation with my husband who I am now separated from. I finally started to believe I could lose the weight a while ago but feel like I've been sabotaged by a medication I gained huge amounts of weight on. For some reason my doctor doesn't really care. I really would like to find someone else. I've actually lost about 50 lbs so far and definitely feel like I can lose more. I really hate being this size and would like to be able to move better than I ever have.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,628 Member
    Options
    Take your time and enjoy your trip! There is a balance between effort needed for success and needless discomfort.
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It is a little scary to increase my calories even if I do need to for continued success. I wasn't sure if a part time job would require changes in calories like one that is full time.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Wouldn’t hurt to move a little more on weekends too!
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I actually do work out longer on the weekend. I will try adding other activities too.