Potassium sources

Options
So I'm doing the Zumba instructor training next week. I've heard it's pretty intense (about 3 or 4 hours of dancing), and a few people have suggested taking potassium heavy snacks to keep from getting cramps. I take a diuretic medicine for high BP as it is, so I'd like to be extra prepared. I plan to get some bananas, but I really don't want to just eat bananas all day. What are some other good potassium food sources?
I should also mention that the training is in a gymnasium, with no access to microwave or fridge. I also won't be able to leave until the training is over, so it has to be something I can eat that doesn't spoil or require heat. Thank you!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The potassium will help you more if consumed the days prior. The day of I'd stick to a drink with electrolytes.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Ideally you'd be getting plenty of dietary potassium all the time. It's in lots of dark green and bright orange fruits and veggies like squash, sweet potatoes, spinach, also bananas, avocados, white potatoes, and beans of all kinds, so soy milk, tofu, etc...
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks everyone. I've picked up a few bottles of Gatorade. I do try to eat potassium when I can, but I considered for the amount of activity I'll be doing, I wanted to be prepared!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Mainly vegetables.

Spinach, tomato/tomato paste, legumes.