Bulking - increase carbs or fats?

Options
Well, my bulking progress has stalled again at 2650 calories. I'm looking to bump up to 2800ish. Right now I'm following a macro split of 50C/25P/25F. At 2800 calories, I think I'm going to put protein at 20%. That would still put me slightly over 1g/lb body weight. However, should I increase carbs or fats? At 25% fat, I would be at around 0.6g/lb body weight for fats. I feel like increasing carbs would be difficult. 55% carbs would be 385g. This would not be easy for me to hit. In fact, I rarely eat more than 350g carbs but with that being said, could I up the fats? I feel like maybe a little of both but what would be the way to go increasing calories?

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    You're over thinking it. Just make sure you're getting your protein and let carbs and fats fall where they may.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You're over thinking it. Just make sure you're getting your protein and let carbs and fats fall where they may.

Exactly, although if I had to choose, I choose carbs because carbs and lifting makes life wonderful.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »

Exactly, although if I had to choose, I choose carbs because carbs and lifting makes life wonderful.

I just like bacon cheeseburgers.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

So do I and I like donuts too :smile:
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I see no issue with increasing fats.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options

So do I and I like donuts too :smile:

Yes! I'm the self-proclaimed #1 donut eater!
  • amberj2001
    amberj2001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the person and how their body reacts to more carbs or fats, preferably I increase mine with carbs so I get more of an energy boost as a pre workout and always make sure to get my protein in (a lil over 1 lb per body weight) and it works well for me