Can I build a booty without weights?

Options
13»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    ...and like someone said earlier about the gymnasts, they train for hours daily. Hours. Maybe only one hour of actual weight/strength training, but all the the other time in the gym is spent on some sort of training that also adds to their strength, agility, and endurance. Most people don't have multiple hours to spend in the gym daily, and it is not an efficient way to build strength and mass in particular area. The most efficient way to build the booty would be with a progressive weight lifting routine, not that you can't do it another way.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thank you, psuLemon and DancingMoosie!
    That's all I meant.
    I never said that it was easy. I'm not even entirely sure it is possible to build much muscle with body weight activities -- soccer, sprinting, speedskating, cycling, gymnastics, rugby, etc. -- if you are not an adolescent or young person with huge hormone levels.
    But it clearly can be done. I have seen it. All of us have probably seen it.

Eric Heiden, the Gold Medal speedskater, had 29-inch thighs. He worked very hard to get those. But he did not do it loading lots of plates on to a barbell and adding more every week or month.
    Heiden says he did squats. He did lots of squats. But, it was never a central part of his training and he admits he never did heavy squats. He never squatted more than 300 pounds. He focused on repetition, many repetitions.
    Cycling was his primary mode of training in the off-season.
    29-inch thighs. Cycling and speedskating got him those.
    He built a booty without weights.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's taken me about eight months of specific progressive weight training to see results, but that's me. If I couldn't go to the gym I would watch and learn as much as possible using gliders/sliders, resistance bands, and invest in a bb if possible, if not a bb, then at least some dumb bells/kettle bells. I don't think it would be impossible but I was "fit" and active B4 weight training and wasn't able to build a booty. But that's me... Good luck :)
  • NethieJ
    NethieJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    timj2018 wrote: »
    Yes, do three hundred body squats every morning. No breaks until the last rep

Is this a joke

• veganfanatic
    veganfanatic Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tia98Jade wrote: »
    Hey! So currently I don't have access to a gym or weights and I want a big booty! I've been doing booty workouts that supposedly will give me a bigger butt but all it's done is toned it and made it rounder, but not bigger.
    My worry is that if I keep doing the same workout my body will get used to it and stop any process all together so I've made a new workout to try out this afternoon - but idk if it will give me the booty I want still or just keep it toned??
    Any tips, advice or moves? Help!

Trying to push down a concrete wall or another immovable object over time can lead to muscle growth as the body attempts to improve the force to push the wall down. It takes a few months for results but it is zero cost and immovable objects are everywhere.

• J_Fairfax
    J_Fairfax Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It is possible to incorporate progressive overload on body weight exercise.

Try doing a one armed chin up, a one arm push up, a one arm pull up or a one legged squat.

Now try doing 10 one armed pull ups.