Skinny Fat Body Type: Help w/ Routine!

Hi there.
I'm trying to embark on a healthy fit lifestyle. I've spent the first month of the year getting my calorie count under control, and not just counting but changing how I eat. Now that I'm in a healthy habit for that, I need a weekly routine that fits my body type that would help boost my goals of toning up.
I have a busy lifestyle: work 35 hours and a full time student. I unfortunately can't go to a gym, which is one of the biggest struggles of getting into a routine... so if someone could help with a weekly fitness plan for a no equipment, at home... would be so great!

Any tips are welcome!

Thanks so much!

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Convict conditioning or You are your own gym.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Try fitness blender videos. I also like the Pop Sugar guest videos, it's a good way of browsing through different trainers. If you see something you like you can look up more by that person.

Re: equipment - there's always bodyweight. But there are also options for strength training which will work for a newbie who doesn't need much weight yet. Water bottles can be used as dumbbells. Gallon jugs filled with water over a broom makes a barbell.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Just discovered Fitness Blender from other posts. You can narrow down to exactly what you want; I even found a few that specify 'no jumping,' which is good when you're on the second floor of a very old house!
  • nycoleman5
    nycoleman5 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for all the advice! Will definitely look into the recommendations.

I know I am my own gym, I just need advice on how to use my body and body weight towards my advantage!
  • nycoleman5
    nycoleman5 Posts: 16 Member
    AnvilHead Ahhhhh. Thanks for clearing that up!! I apparently need more help than I imagined
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    There are a few other bodyweight routines listed here (near the top of the post), with links where applicable: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    If you are just starting out the Nerdfitness programme, in the list AnvilHead posted above, will give you a good grounding.

You could also look at some of the dumbbell routines, just sub in house hold objects instead of dumbbells.

Cheers, h.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    nycoleman5 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice! Will definitely look into the recommendations.

I know I am my own gym, I just need advice on how to use my body and body weight towards my advantage!

She wasn't being flippant - You Are Your Own Gym is the name of a well-known bodyweight workout program. https://www.marklauren.com/books.html

Convict Conditioning is another one - alluding to the fact that prison inmates often do quite effective bodyweight workouts in their cells.

Thanks for clearing that up. I got distracted.
  • jenchu1979
    jenchu1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Nerd Fitness has great bodyweight workout videos, only uses one dumbbell, and he actually uses a gallon jug of water. (8lb)