Recommended calories and macros to lose weight

Options
Hi everyone ,I’ve been struggling to lose 6 kilos for the past year . I’ve been trying everything from 1000 calories to 1500 calories ,and trial and error with macros ,consistently adjusting the carbs and fats . I get discouraged from slow weight loss and start to binge when I don’t see fast results . I workout 3 to 4 times a week . I’m a 38 year old female who weighs 135 pounds and is 5 ft and 3 inches tall . Any recommendations on what is the best calorie count and macro percentage that works best ,where you can see weekly results and not starve to death .

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are the hardest to lose. You need to get precise with calorie counting. Do you use a food scale to weigh everything?

Macros are another matter. For me, I try to eat a balanced macro intake but making sure I hit my protein percentage first.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Weightloss when you already have a normal weight, is going to be slow. You can realistically expect to lose up to 0.5 pounds per week, on average, if you do everything right. This means that you have to set a calorie target that is below maintenance, and stick to it like glue, logging correctly, no guessing, estimating, forgetting or cheating. It also means that you have to be really patient and calm and not panic whenever daily water weight fluctuations outweighs your weekly fat loss.

What you don't need for weightloss, is exercise or any particular diet or macro split. Eat what you like, eat varied and balanced, and exercise moderately.