This works...it really works!

Options
Just wanted to report that this logging, staying within goal and being mindful about what I put in my mouth works...it really, really does.

I know that some people have health problems that complicate things, but I'm 52 and am here to say that age doesn't seem to be hindering my loss at all.

It's simple. Follow the rules, don't cheat (yourself!) and you can win.

I've not been any more active than before. Maybe an extra trip to the gym here and there but I've been focused on my calorie goal and accurately logging (without making myself crazy, though!)

I make better food choices but not always the best ones. And that's o.k.

At the beginning of January all my pants were tight and I was at my highest weight, probably since pregnancy. I haven't gone over my calorie goal in about 30 days and I've lost 6 or 7 pounds. I assume that a couple of those were "water weight" but the rest was "real!" My pants are looser and I'm starting to notice a change in the mirror.

Now I have 10 more to go. I don't care if the loss is slower. I just know that if I stick to my calorie goal, don't make myself crazy and try to enjoy the process it will happen.

Then maybe I'll finally conquer the maintenance thing!

Good luck everyone. THIS WORKS! TRUST IT!

Replies

• Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Huge well done. I love that it's a simple concept that works and as everyone says trust the process. Keep going! I've lost 11llbs so far and I too am just as delighted as you are. :)
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I also could have written your post and I’m 61:).
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    High five!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress.

MFP has taught me a lot. Being over weight for most of my adult life, I tried many diets, some really crazy one's and did aerobics for hours. It was part of the weight loss industry lore that you could "blast that fat away" by doing this or that program. It was hard to let go of the myth because I'd heard it most of my life. But... I'm not too old to learn, thank God. Anyway, it was a revelation that you only have to eat at a deficit to lose weight.

Maintenance is a challenge but you can do it!
  • Jtucker19742018
    Jtucker19742018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!! My clothes are still a bit tight but I'm starting to get into my size 8. Goal is fit and happy-go-lucky.
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It really is that simple. It’s just not a quick process and people tend to jump from fad diet to fad diet cause it’s not working fast enough but if you keep at a deficit you eventually loose all the weight you want.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Good for you I love posts like this.