Falling off

Options
Well i was okay till January 28th and i ran off track ive only gained 1 pound and few ouncs yet i need.advice to keep on track anyone got any tips??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why is your track so hard to stay on? Are you restricting too much?
  • FittnessWorld
    FittnessWorld Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why is your track so hard to stay on? Are you restricting too much?

I eat 1500 a day but my parents buy all this bad food and also emotional eating
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,564 Member
    Options
    Instead of emotional eating, consider experimenting with alternate stress-reduction techniques, such as exercise, a warm aromatherapy bubble bath, or a simple religion-neutral meditation technique like this one:

http://www.relaxationresponse.org/steps/

(Religious meditations or prayer are fine alternatives, too, but I don't know what your religion is, if any.)

You can do this!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I stay on track because I want it that badly.

I have occasionally indulged and gone over my daily calories by a lot but it was for special occasions that I participated in. I don't view those as going off track as much as "pausing" for a day. I don't do that very often....maybe once a month.

Or if something happens and I was not anticipating and I go over my goal for the day, I will eat a little less the next day or squeeze in an extra workout if I don't have calories to spare. Or I just move on.

Key is to stay the course and stay within your goals as much as possible, understanding that every now and then you WILL go over. Just get back to it asap.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Oh and don't blame your parents. They aren't forcing you to eat anything...are they?
  • LarryRacesBikes
    LarryRacesBikes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need a break - roll with it! Your weight can fluctuate about a pound, maybe even 2 pounds a day. Once you accept this it will be easier. I take my Wednesday/ Thursday weight to be where I am at in the big picture. I still track my weight on a daily basis just so I know it isn't creeping up. Careful not to binge one day and starve the next, just get yourself back on track.

Also take control by buying your own food or go shopping with your mom.