The Last 5 Pounds...

Options
cutmd
cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
Are the hardest to lose! I think the biggest problem is motivation, frankly. At this point I want to lose the last 5 just so I can say I weigh less than 120lbs, and because celebrities my height are closer to 115. That doesn't seem to be motivation enough these days. When it comes to vanity pounds, it's a lot easier to chose the French fries. What strategies are you using (or did you use) to lose the last 5 pounds? What motivates you to keep counting and slashing calories?

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Just think of how those last few pounds can actually change your body in some way for the better.

I know that is kind of vain.................
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Because if you don't lose the last 5 pounds, you can't say that you reached your goal! Don't you want to finish what you started and say "Yes, I set a goal and I did it!". If you settle for less than you want, you are not really living!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Are the hardest to lose! I think the biggest problem is motivation, frankly. At this point I want to lose the last 5 just so I can say I weigh less than 120lbs, and because celebrities my height are closer to 115. That doesn't seem to be motivation enough these days. When it comes to vanity pounds, it's a lot easier to chose the French fries. What strategies are you using (or did you use) to lose the last 5 pounds? What motivates you to keep counting and slashing calories?
    Do you WANT to lose those 5 so you can say you did or do you need to lose them to get to a healthier place? Sometimes our bodies know far more than we do what they need regarding what weight is best for us. Just something to think about.

I know it's so easy to get caught up in the end numbers but think about how you're feeling physically. Try hard not to think on who's weighing what in Hollywood or on the catwalks. Do you feel good right where you are? Have you been at this weight for awhile now? Do you think your body is trying to tell you something? If you have a certain goal and it's important to you as long as it's the right reasons, go for it! Finish it out and think of it as the last leg of the race:drinker:

Just some late night thoughts from Becca:laugh: I could come back in the a.m to read them and be mortified and realize they made no sense, I'll take that chance!:wink::flowerforyou:

Good Luck doing what's best for you Hon,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    A lot of celebrities are seriously underweight for their height, so fo you too lose those last 5 lbs because thats what the celebs weight could be putting you in an unhealthy position.

Our bodies have a mind of their own if you are having a really hard time losing those last lbs, maybe that is your bodies way of telling you to stop, its comfortable where it is.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sorry, what I meant with my celebs reference is I am going for a certain look (Salma Hayek type who is not underweight) and I think 115 might get me there. Trying to get slimmer thighs with a line on the side. I am short so that weight is still well within a healthy bmi.

I just find it's easy to get lazy on the home stretch and was wondering if others had that problem.