JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 31

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,829 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My apologies for a SUPER LONG note to

@mamabear10717 and @tishawj Some people experience large consistent weight losses when they switch to Ketogenic eating. I lost 20# in the first 2 months of extreme low carbs (10g net or less) They say that when you stall, as I did from mid-December until this week, it is because your body is healing on the inside. As a part of another challenge I took measurements on 1/1 and again 1/26. With no change in weight and NO exercise my waist went from 38 to 34. Clearly something was happening inside. I highly recommend The Obesity Code by Jason Fung, MD. Also recent studies have shown that Keto can, in some cases, reverse type 2 diabetes. I don’t know who else on here is doing Keto but I know there are some. I find it easy to follow. I started by giving up bread and added sugar. My husband says he can’t give up bread and sugar so... A friend said she was concerned that it would kill me but my lab results have improved since last June. Good cholesterol up, bad down, triglycerides down. Do not confuse Ketogenic with ketoacidosis which is, indeed, a bad thing and can be fatal. As a side note before I jump down from my soap box, within a couple of weeks of starting, my knees quit hurting after 50 years of painful stair climbing! Reason enough for me!

If reduced fat and increased grain are so good for us, why has obesity in the US continued to climb for the last 4 or 5 decades?
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,829 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Congratulations, Carmela. Wish my new-ish doctor had noticed the difference from June (my first appointment) to December!
  • tishawj
    tishawj Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My apologies for a SUPER LONG note to

@mamabear10717 and @tishawj Some people experience large consistent weight losses when they switch to Ketogenic eating. I lost 20# in the first 2 months of extreme low carbs (10g net or less) They say that when you stall, as I did from mid-December until this week, it is because your body is healing on the inside. As a part of another challenge I took measurements on 1/1 and again 1/26. With no change in weight and NO exercise my waist went from 38 to 34. Clearly something was happening inside. I highly recommend The Obesity Code by Jason Fung, MD. Also recent studies have shown that Keto can, in some cases, reverse type 2 diabetes. I don’t know who else on here is doing Keto but I know there are some. I find it easy to follow. I started by giving up bread and added sugar. My husband says he can’t give up bread and sugar so... A friend said she was concerned that it would kill me but my lab results have improved since last June. Good cholesterol up, bad down, triglycerides down. Do not confuse Ketogenic with ketoacidosis which is, indeed, a bad thing and can be fatal. As a side note before I jump down from my soap box, within a couple of weeks of starting, my knees quit hurting after 50 years of painful stair climbing! Reason enough for me!

If reduced fat and increased grain are so good for us, why has obesity in the US continued to climb for the last 4 or 5 decades?

I've been quite successful and achieving my goals doing what I'm doing...slow and steady eating in a way I know I can maintain for the rest of my life, I don't see a keto lifestyle in my future so losing weight that way didn't seem to make sense for me. I've found the balance that works for me.

• Suly09
    Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How does this work, I am very interested. When is the next round? I join fitness challenges in my neighborhood where everyone chips in $20 and every week we have a weigh in, by then end of the month and a half whoever lost the most weight gets all the money! No money incentive here but just as motivating.