What do you like better kettle bells or weight lifting?

Options
2»

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Lifting weights.

Over 3 years I’ve drastically changed body composition. Adding about 20-25lbs of lean mass. Becoming healthier, stronger, fitter, and more capable in my day to day life.

I recently started a Sheiko intermediate high frequency powerlifting program and I’m in love.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I do both, my trainer included both in my training plan. On my "cross fit" weeks I utilize the kettle bells more, on my ST split weeks I use weights more.

Thus far haven't had to step up to full size barbells and plates (the small ones go up enough for me at this moment) but will need to start using them here soon...
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I guess when I said weight lifting I should have said barbell or dumbbell. Even I knew that kettlebells was a form of weight lifting. I was just trying to find out what everyone liked using better.

Got it. I use barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, suspension trainer, bands, cable machine (maybe a few other machines, but rarely) and bodyweight in my resistance workouts. For some thing movements, will always use the same tool but sometimes will switch them up (i.e, instead of barbell deadlift, single leg deadlift with a dumbbell or kettlebell for resistance).
  • JerryWaybright
    JerryWaybright Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Barbell for strength training, because it is the best way to add progressive overload to build muscle. Kettlebells, to me, are better fitted for conditioning and cardio. I think there is a place for both.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I sometimes warm up with heavy kettlebells. Otherwise barbell (main compounds) and dumbbells (accessory) are my preference.