WTF?

Options
On Friday I returned home from a work trip. While away I did not eat much, did an insane amount of walking and drank very little water. I did not weigh myself or log any food while away. I weighed myself on Sunday and I had lost six pounds! Today I weigh myself and I’ve gained back that weight. My sodium was a bit high yesterday and my joints are sore. Could this be inflammation??

Replies

• Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree. Probably water weight. Salt will do that for sure, mix it with dehydration, then rehydration. Your body is probably saying "WTF?"
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Water weight probably.
    Don't get bent out of shape over these fluctuations.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    On Friday I returned home from a work trip. While away I did not eat much, did an insane amount of walking and drank very little water. I did not weigh myself or log any food while away. I weighed myself on Sunday and I had lost six pounds! Today I weigh myself and I’ve gained back that weight. My sodium was a bit high yesterday and my joints are sore. Could this be inflammation??

When you eat away from home you're eating prepared meals and pre-packaged meals which have about 500% more sodium in them for preservation and taste. It's water weight. Drink plenty of water and watch the sodium for a week, it'll likely drop back off.