Scale and measurements are increasing. HELP!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm confused you say you lost a pound in a month which is good, but you say your weight is increasing. Are you gaining weight??? And are you gaining inches around your body?
  • labridge71488
    labridge71488 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I had managed to slowly get down to 178 but then every day I was gaining a pound back with no change in diet or water. I meal prep everything and check mark how many 24oz water bottles I drink to make sure I’m drinking enough. So there isn’t a change in my intake daily. It’s just alarming to me to see it continuously growing rather than fluctuating or staying the same. I’ve never had this happen to my body before where I literally feel like I’m going backwards. My clothes are tighter and the scale was going up and I worry that it’s going to continue to do so
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Well I had managed to slowly get down to 178 but then every day I was gaining a pound back with no change in diet or water. I meal prep everything and check mark how many 24oz water bottles I drink to make sure I’m drinking enough. So there isn’t a change in my intake daily. It’s just alarming to me to see it continuously growing rather than fluctuating or staying the same. I’ve never had this happen to my body before where I literally feel like I’m going backwards. My clothes are tighter and the scale was going up and I worry that it’s going to continue to do so

These are normal daily fluctuations. It's good that you seem to be tracking consistently, but you won't see a loss on the scale every day, even when you're doing everything right. All of this sounds like water retention and/or TOM increases, all of which are normal.

Keep an eye on things, but if you're spot-on with your weighing/measuring of food and eating in a deficit, then your weight will trend down over a course of several weeks.