Hard-working college students...HELP!

tabika05
tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I am so overly frustrated with work outs fitting into my life! I was doing fine until summer hit. Now my work schedule is ten to eleven hour days six days a week. I would love to get up at 5AM to workout but I work some days/some nights so when I get to bed at 3AM and have to be at work the next day by 8AM, where do I put the workout? I'm scared because my work schedule will remain crazy and school is about to start.

Please, any other hard-working/college students who are on their own as well, give me some suggestions!

Thanks = )

Replies

• jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    How long is your lunch? If its at least an hour, that would be a good time to
    get some type of exercise in. Normally I run for 30 minutes and have a quick
    lunch after that.

Doug
  • lindsay1888
    lindsay1888 Posts: 8 Member
    I have the same problems, I worked full time AND went to school full time the past 2 years so I never had time to work out and eating healthy was REALLY hard.

I graduated in May and now I'm working full time + overtime and trying to get in a workout routine also. I don't have any good suggestions for you but just letting you know you're definitely not alone!!
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Try setting up a specific time everyday just to workout. And definetly make sure to exercise on your days off. If you work a desk job, try keeping hand weights at your desk or replacing your office chair with a stability ball. If you have a job where you walk around a lot, try wearing some ankles weights just to get a little something extra.

I agree with one of the previous posters that working out during your luch break is a good idea even if its only 15 minutes.
  • Evolution
    Evolution Posts: 8
    I've got a 1year old and am about to go back to college myself. I to am trying to work this out in my head it will really get down to your diet and walking as much as you can. Walk on your 15 min breaks, walk 15 min of your lunch. Park far away so you have to walk more take the stairs instead of the elevator, take a 10 min study break and bang out push ups or crunches or jumping jacks. You have to stay calm and just do what you can and when you are of do as much as you can in your workouts. It will get down to what your eating though. Try every two hours.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Do you know your schedule at least a few days in advance? On the days you work at 8am you could wake up a bit earlier to work out. On the days you have a later schedule, you could workout before work. Also you can try to break up your workouts, like 20-30 minutes here and there to get to a total amount for the week. I have a super busy schedule as well with work, school, and two babies. Luckily, though, my work is 8-5 so I can wake up early (5am- yuck!) to work out.
  • tabika05
    tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks everybody! Unfortunately with both of my jobs I do not get lunch breaks and I'm on for ten hours straight. Getting up at 5AM seems like the only way to fit a workout in. Hopefully it works!!!
This discussion has been closed.