Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello everyone!

Hey there! I’m Matthew, 30 from NC, US. I’m on here to help keep up with my calorie intake as I try to keep myself from gaining weight. Several years ago I was 200 lbs, the most I’ve ever weighed in my life. I was never one for exercising and spent a lot of time laying around, watching tv, playing video games, etc. Dont get me wrong, all those things are still fun to do lol. But I knew I wasn’t going to be fit or lose weight if I didn’t do something about it.
So finally I started doing video workouts. Some I did were from the internet, some on dvd, and even some that I did were on vhs! Denise Austin is the main fitness instructor that I buy videos of. Being that I was someone who hardly ever exercised, her workouts really helped give me that kick start that I needed as a beginner. The lowest I’ve weighed was 134 lbs! That happened because not only did I exercise but I also stopped drinking full calorie sodas and I stopped eating as much fast food from the restaurant that I work at part time.
In 2016, I had back surgery due to having scoliosis for many years. After I recovered from the surgery, I had to work my way through exercise as carefully as possible. I didn’t look at it as a downgrade or a step below my accomplishments. I saw it as a new challenge. Sure, I have to be careful with what I do now, but I’m not focusing on what I can’t do, I’m focusing on what I can do!
Today, I need to focus on making sure I stay active, eat better and lose a few lbs that I gained in the past couple of months (holiday eating lol). Anyone who needs any encouragement or wants to throw some back at me, add me! :)