Dieting

Options
I feel like I'm dieting and not living my life. Anyone else feel this way?

Kim

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Nope. But your feeling isn't particularly uncommon, which is why a lot of people on here will recommend that you eat in a way that suits you. Learn now how to make the things you enjoy work in your daily calories and how to deal with things like eating out, having a big treat, etc because this will help you in the long run.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't feel that way. But if you do it's very possible that you're going too extreme with your plan. Just a thought.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Figure out what your maintenance calories are and then eat a little less everyday until you reach your goal weight.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options
    Kimma41 wrote: »
    I feel like I'm dieting and not living my life. Anyone else feel this way?

Kim

Try focusing on other things.

I eat a fairly similar diet each day that I know is within my calories. It's actually a relief to do that because I don't need to think about it.

That way, I can focus on other things like work, attending university part time, all the work involved in putting on cycling events, all the work involved in training for cycling events, travel, and everything else going on in my life.

In other words, yeah, I'm dieting. It's what I'm doing right now. But more importantly I'm living my life.

• Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't feel like this anymore. Once you realise you can eat whatever you like but smaller portions, within your allocated calories and still lose fat...it's pretty freeing! :) Just make sure you track as accurately as possible and eat the foods you want and you'll be fine :)