Do I need equipment

Options
Ok so I’m doing chest excercises with 50 pound dumbbells but I don’t have a bench do I do it on my yoga mat in a bridge. Is that good form and will I still see results? Or should I invest in a bench?

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you should invest in a bench - floor presses are a thing, but won't allow you the same range of motion and is not the same as a proper bench press.

on another note - how long have you been lifting? I've rarely seen females using 50 lbs dumbbells for bench press and it sounds like you are just starting out?? (not saying it isn't possible for women to bench 50's - I do and have seen others - it is just not normally a starting weight for someone just starting out lifting).
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I also agree that a bench would be a good investment. In the meantime, you can do pushups using the dumbbells to get more ROM and/or elevating your feet to increase the load.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Ok so I’m doing chest excercises with 50 pound dumbbells but I don’t have a bench do I do it on my yoga mat in a bridge. Is that good form and will I still see results? Or should I invest in a bench?

You should not be doing floor presses from a bridge.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

yes, this too!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

You can do knees up/knees down/one up/one down, but your back should be in approximate contact with the floor from shoulder blades to glutes.