Weigh in

How often should you weigh?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    As often as you like, but more than once daily is pretty pointless for most of us.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,111 Member
    I prefer to do it daily, but that's because I like data and the more datapoints I have, the more accurate my trend is and when I switched to daily weighing it helped me to stop freaking out over water weight.

Some people prefer to do weekly or less even because they cannot emotionally detach from the number on the scale.

Pick what works for you, I would suggest if you do go with weighing more frequently that you use a trendweight app like Libra or Happy Scale, they help to see past the day-to-day fluctuations.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I should weigh daily (and I do) as it's my primary way of maintaining my desired weight by casually monitoring any developing trend. For me it's data, not emotion.

But I'm not you.
    Explaining why you are asking might be more useful than hearing what everyone else does TBH.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    I should weigh daily (and I do) as it's my primary way of maintaining my desired weight by casually monitoring any developing trend. For me it's data, not emotion.

But I'm not you.
    Explaining why you are asking might be more useful than hearing what everyone else does TBH.

Same here. It's not an emotional event and if the scale pops up, no biggie. It's water weight. If it starts trending up, adjustments are in order.

Daily does make some people freak out with normal fluctuations and that is something the OP has to determine for themselves.