Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    with salt and guac.
  • laurshortall
    laurshortall Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hate mayo, so I am a big fan of avocado tuna salad instead (1/2 an avocado mashed, tuna, chopped red onion, red pepper flake, and black pepper). I'll usually eat it on salad or in a multigrain pita pocket.
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    mashed and spread on a piece of healthy toast and sprinkled with everything bagel seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes; on a spinach salad with cilantro, onions, peppers and lime juice; guacamole; chopped with grape tomatoes and italian dressing
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    mashed and spread on a piece of healthy toast and sprinkled with everything bagel seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes; on a spinach salad with cilantro, onions, peppers and lime juice; guacamole; chopped with grape tomatoes and italian dressing

Avoid sickly toast at all costs. ;)
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    sliced avocado, tomato and bacon tacos with a squirt of wasabi sauce...I'll make scrambled egg "crepes" and use them as the tortillas for breakfast, but wraps or flour tortillas are good too.
  • kelfly
    kelfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How do you keep the avocado fresh if not eating all in one sitting? I’ve been making avocado toast a few mornings a week, using half of the avocado, some chopped mini tomatoes, sprinkle of Parmesan and a sprinkle of pumpkin or sunflower seeds. I’ve wrapped the remaining half with Saran and then placed in a small Tupperware type covered bowl but it still seems to get brown and nasty by the next day.
  • DitaVonCheese
    DitaVonCheese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1 avocado , handful of fresh coriander diced , s n p , 1 red chilli seeds removed diced , 1 small garlic clove crushed , a dash of lemon or lime ... Mix well and use to top toast , burgers , chilli or as a side dish .
  • Slakrgrl
    Slakrgrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    When I was younger, we used to eat it by filling in the seed's hole with ketchup or salad cream with a spoon.

I now like it mashed with a tin of tuna, chopped dill and tomatoes. Depending on the calories I have, I'd eat on toast, ryvita or lettuce leaves.

I love you! I thought I was weirdo!

when we were kids my mum used to cut it in half, take the pit out, mash it up a little bit, and throw vinegar on it and we'd eat it out of the skin like that. it's still one of my fave ways to consume it.
  • Slakrgrl
    Slakrgrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kelfly wrote: »
    How do you keep the avocado fresh if not eating all in one sitting? I’ve been making avocado toast a few mornings a week, using half of the avocado, some chopped mini tomatoes, sprinkle of Parmesan and a sprinkle of pumpkin or sunflower seeds. I’ve wrapped the remaining half with Saran and then placed in a small Tupperware type covered bowl but it still seems to get brown and nasty by the next day.

lemon juice tends to keep the browning down. keeping the pit in it helps as well!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just cut it in half, remove the pit, season w/lime juice, salt & pepper or cayenne and just scoop and eat it straight out of the hulls.