dizzy spells

Options
2»

Replies

• Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    I didn't ask anyone to diagnose me, I assumed they were going to look at my diary (which is open) and maybe give me some pointers but no one seems to be doing that.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I didn't ask anyone to diagnose me, I assumed they were going to look at my diary (which is open) and maybe give me some pointers but no one seems to be doing that.

You're assuming that your dizziness has something to do with what you're eating. It might, or it might not. We can't know that just from looking at your diary. This is a question for a doctor.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Your question "what am I lacking?" implies you want folks to answer that question, when it would likely be best to have your dr check you and your diet out. Dizziness can be a serious symptom or something more benign going on.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Well here's the problem right here in this sentence. You're diagnosing yourself by assuming it's your diet causing your dizziness.

Dizziness could be caused by a lot of things, and you've ruled them all out. It could be something as simple as your electrolytes being out of balance due to exercising, or being dehydrated, you know?

Everything that we feel physically isn't related to what we eat.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

*shrug* you're eating a decent amount of calories, and absent any medical issue your macro split wouldn't be making you dizzy, so your food diary is only so useful. It also doesn't show what time you ate or when you exercised. People are trying to be as helpful as they can without knowing you or your medical, physical or other needs.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    apullum is right, it could also just be a bout of vertigo. I was never dizzy until I hit my late 30s, then suddenly I developed recurring vertigo! That was 30 years ago, and I still have bouts of it. But if it persists, DO see your doctor about it, vertigo is the symptom of an underlying problem. ;-)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Have you cut down drastically on sodium? Another poster here had an issue some time ago with dizziness, and being lightheaded when rising, and was advised to add more sodium to her diet, which helped.

I get dizzy spells myself when I haven't eaten for a while, so a snack usually helps me!
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    @SueSueDio, my salt intake is usually low, but for the past couple days it has been higher.

@GottaBurnEmAll, @1houndgal, @apullum:

I am not trying to diagnose myself but if eating something makes dizziness go away, don't you think it has something to do with what you're eating or not eating? Common sense, I was just wondering if anyone knew what that was. Vertigo or a sinus issue or dehydration doesn't go away when you eat.

Thanks to the people who answered this nicely. I'm going to pay better attention to my macros and meal times as I ate at 10:00 this morning and then didn't have anything until 2pm when I usually have that starbucks drink at 12 before going to work.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    @SueSueDio, my salt intake is usually low, but for the past couple days it has been higher.

I am not trying to diagnose myself but if eating something makes dizziness go away, don't you think it has something to do with what you're eating or not eating? Common sense, I was just wondering if anyone knew what that was. Vertigo or a sinus issue or dehydration doesn't go away when you eat.

Thanks to the people who answered this nicely. I'm going to pay better attention to my macros and meal times as I ate at 10:00 this morning and then didn't have anything until 2pm when I usually have that starbucks drink at 12 before going to work.

I'd be more inclined to think it was to do with eating or not eating, not what you were eating.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should see a health professional regarding this issue.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter what I eat when I start feeling like that, I just need to eat. A glass of milk or juice might help me too, but I prefer solid food - that might just be a psychological thing, though. (I've tried meal replacement shakes to lose weight in the past and never felt satisfied with them, so I think I need solid food in order to "feel" like I've had something.)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I recall from an earlier post that you had thyroid issues. Did you maybe forget to take your medication?
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Is your "dizziness" a feeling of being lightheaded, almost like you might pass out? Or is it a feeling of movement or spinning like vertigo?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

I'd be more inclined to think it was to do with eating or not eating, not what you were eating.

^This.