Any MAX Trainer Users our there!

Hi - I have decided to get back on the BowFlex MaxTrainer 5. I’ve had it a year but have only used it a handful of times. Tonight I jumped on and though I didn’t do the typical 14-minute HIIT, I chose to stay on until it said 500 calories. Here’s my question....it took 90 minutes!! Yes 90! Seems wrong. I popped in a dvd about traveling through France to distract me and just kept going. My toes were numb, I took two brief 30 sec pauses for water but over all kept pushing. Also I noted my timer stopped on pause, so this is 90 min of moving!! Very discouraging because I don’t have 90 min everyday!
I kept it mainly at level 3 - a few times I pushed to level 8 for one minute and then down to level 1 for 30 sec and then leveling off at level 3 again. I maintained a HR of 121bpm with spikes to 167 and lows to 99 - so I wasn’t sprinting but I certainly wasn’t “strolling” - does 90 min seem long for 500 calories?

Replies

• sojohowitz
    sojohowitz Posts: 2 Member
    500 calories is a lot. Only way to do it in less time is increase the resistance. Do the max 14 program every day, at a resistance level that’ll burn 200 calories. Do that consistently and gradually move up the resistance. I’m not a doctor!
  • tonyb8301
    tonyb8301 Posts: 1 Member
    I upped the resistance to 6 and i do 15 second intervals at about 7-10 cal per minute then 15 seconds going hard between 20-30 cals per minute. I do sets of 5 minutes. So if i do 4 sets that is 20 minutes of work and i consistently show 80-90 calories burned per set. So that is 320 to 360 calories for 20 minutes of work.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    I love my Max Trainer M5 and have been using it daily for almost three years. It does kick your butt that's for sure.