Nokia (or Withings) Steel HR

Options
I'm after a new fitness tracker (currently have a Fitbit Charge HR but I'm not loving the look of it anymore) and I really like the look of the new Nokia Steel HR. I'm struggling to find information about when it is available in Australia and it looks like it suffered delays world-wide. The reviews seem to rate it pretty highly and it does everything my Fitbit does plus can be worn swimming.

Does anyone have one? Know of them? Thoughts, comments etc?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there! The Apple Watch is waterproof too and I use it in my itty bitty pool. My pool is only 11 yards long. LOL
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've looked at it but I have literally nothing else Apple :/
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Got it! Mac products are overrated.
  • ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have the Activite steel (no HR) and agree it is stylish. But I would never buy it again. The tracker plays very badly with MFP. I set them both up as recommended and found that I could exercise myself into the ground and never get a positive calorie adjustment. I went through a bunch of help tickets with Nokia, and then just gave up on using it to track my activities. I also found that things got very badly broken when Nokia acquired Withings and eventually got tired of submitting help tickets (exercises would disappear, exercises would appear, but calories wouldn't be added to the daily total, etc.) I could never correlate the daily calorie burn it reported with what I was actually doing activity level-wise. And their calculation for RMR/BMR for me is super low (and pretty inaccurate, I think. It appears to be ~400 calories below what MFP calculates.) Maybe some of this has changed, but I spent a good 6 months last year diligently trying to make it work and failed.

• Alatariel75
    Options
    ssbbg wrote: »
    I have the Activite steel (no HR) and agree it is stylish. But I would never buy it again. The tracker plays very badly with MFP. I set them both up as recommended and found that I could exercise myself into the ground and never get a positive calorie adjustment. I went through a bunch of help tickets with Nokia, and then just gave up on using it to track my activities. I also found that things got very badly broken when Nokia acquired Withings and eventually got tired of submitting help tickets (exercises would disappear, exercises would appear, but calories wouldn't be added to the daily total, etc.) I could never correlate the daily calorie burn it reported with what I was actually doing activity level-wise. And their calculation for RMR/BMR for me is super low (and pretty inaccurate, I think. It appears to be ~400 calories below what MFP calculates.) Maybe some of this has changed, but I spent a good 6 months last year diligently trying to make it work and failed.

Ohh, thank you. I know they're supposed to have fixed a lot of the bugs with the release of the Steel but I was also looking at the Active and this is very helpful in my deliberations.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I had one. I found it to be incredibly inaccurate and frustrating. It is a nice looking watch but I returned it within 30 days.
    I now use a garmin fenix 5s. It's expensive but absolutely worth every cent.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    hist_doc wrote: »
    I had one. I found it to be incredibly inaccurate and frustrating. It is a nice looking watch but I returned it within 30 days.
    I now use a garmin fenix 5s. It's expensive but absolutely worth every cent.

Did you have the new one? The stuff I'm reading seems to indicate it only came out just before Christmas and the reviews are saying a lot of the old faults have been rectified.