Is having a fitbit or something similar worth it?

Options
13»

Replies

• amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth getting one, I've got a jawbone UP wristband and it has definitely making me move more. Plus on the UP site you get set little challenges against your previous amount of steps. Before I got my wristband I wouldn't of dreamt of walking to town and back on a Saturday morning. ( about 7 miles in total ) but I now walk it most weekends instead of jumping in the car. Saves money on parking too. :-)
  • amanada11
    amanada11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit, and have been using it since last Christmas-ish. I wear it 24 hours a day (except when showering!) It motivates me to move more, and helps me adjust on days when, for whatever reason, I'm less active.

For those with FitBit's - just FYI they have AMAZING customer service. I flushed my first One down the toilet about a week after getting it (it came out of the holder and fell in as it was flushing!) and they replaced it FREE OF CHARGE. I have also washed it in the washing machine at least twice, and it still worked afterwards. :)
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love my Body Media armband and would be lost without it. I love knowing exactly how many calories I burn, it makes sure my eating is on track and that I'm not under eating for my work outs.
  • keith_w61
    keith_w61 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    LOL :smile:
  • bsm218
    Options
    I loved my new fitbit, it motivated me and kept me moving, UNTIL I looked down at my wrist and it WASNT there. The clasp must have broken and I have no idea where it is.....MAJOR disappointment! Like throwing a hundred bucks to the wind and I won't buy another one.