I lost 40 lbs.. 2 years ago.

Options
Well, I gained them back.

I've been stuck one coming back for a couple weeks at a time.

Falling off for a month..

"I'll start next week"

Why can't i stay motivated?!

Why can't i keep this going like i did before!!

What the heck!!

Halp.

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Do you have any pics from that time? Maybe put it somewhere like the wallpaper on your phone, workspace, fridge. Look at it every day, multiple times a day, and say "I'm coming back". Reclaim that 40 lb loss, it's yours.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That's a great Idea!
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @sarahfadell87 - I know how you feel, I am in a similar position.
    I am trying to focus on the fact that I know I can do it, because I have done it before, and just to trust in the system.
    Also, try to think about why you gained again, so you can try prepare for it. For me, I had been running, but then got injured, and didn’t adjust what I was eating. I also blinded myself to the fact I was putting on weight and started to avoid the scale.
    This time around I am going to start a progressive strength programme as I have seen some amazing transformations in the success stories thread.

You got this, just give it time and believe in the power of you!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I got to goal in 2016 so easily. It took like 3 months tops. The last year or so I can barely get 1 pound off and keep it off every couple of weeks. It's very frustrating. So I know your pain.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the approach you used wasn't one you could sustain? Maybe review *how* you lost weight in the first place and make adjustments to make it something you can do for the rest of your life?

• yoliyoda
    yoliyoda Posts: 58 Member
    Options

You got this, just give it time and believe in the power of you!

Loved this statement. This was something I needed to hear.

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I have the same story, lost 66 gained 41. Lost my mojo for a couple years. I feel like I got it back recently by joining the F2F challenge. I had my original success within a series of challenges. Maybe that will help you too.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What's f2f?