Having dinner at almost midnight!

Options
Cooked dinner for my wife who is just getting off work at 11:44pm! I did so good today with exercise and eatting good, but then night time hits and we both have tomorrow off. So since we are both night owls that crave bad foods. I bought some brownies for the first time since starting my weight loss journey. The dinner I cooked is healthy baked pork and spinach salad, but the brownies have been calling my name for days! I know it time to give in and have a square of brownie otherwise I'll end up eatting way too much. But tomorrow we are going on a 3 hr hike, so that will help with the extra calories tonight. I wish my wife and I worked decent hours, but with both of us being assistant manager's at Wal-Mart our hours are always different which makes a healthy meal planning routine super hard!

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter when you eat ... just make the timing work for you.

We eat dinner about 8 pm, and I almost always have a late evening snack between 11 pm and midnight.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I think it is amazing you cook and eat together as a couple. It always makes things easier to change lifestyles with the people you love. I work rotating shift work so for half the month I work 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and the other half I work 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. so my body goes through the ringer as well. If you are eating good food then when and what doesn't really matter. Now as far as the brownies go there are some good healthier homemade recipes out there but a little something here and there wont really matter in the big picture. Especially if you are going for a 3 hour hike the next day. Having a treat here and there helps keep me focused and sane. Best of luck and keep up the good work.
  • coletammym
    coletammym Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried decreasing your eating window, I eat all my meals at work and at night i don't eat at all since i dont feel good eating so late at night- Basically Iintermittent fasting.
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Like Cole says, a bit of IF helps me when I need to buckle down - I find it's much easier to have a light breakfast and lunch, minimal snacks and then leave myself the bulk of my day's calories in the evening so I can have dinner and an indulgent snack before bed - that way you've earned the treat with being good all day.

On the flipside, if I let myself slip and indulge in the daytime, I always end up kicking myself in the evening, when I'm hungry but have nothing left in the calorie budget!
  • pandrew75
    pandrew75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cannot be easy I presume, just remember your body does not know what time of day it is for eating. The body is interested in how many calories you are putting into it. As others have said IF could help
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I calculate my calorie intake so I can have a brownie!! No harm, no foul.