Scale hasn't moved in ten days :/

Options
I started my diet on the 2nd of Jan. I had also hired a personal trainer I met once every week. In the first two weeks, I was only exercising once a week with my trainer, but from the third week I began exercising an average of 3 times/week. In the first month, my weight dropped from 192.6 to 182.4 pounds (This was on Jan 28th). My trainer measured me last week and I had lost 5 inches since I started. My friends note the difference too, although I still can't personally feel the difference in my clothes so much. It's too early though.

But my weight hasn't moved since last Tuesday. In fact, the scale now shows 184.8 pounds every single day. I am tracking everything I eat, not too much sodium, checking my weight every morning. I've been noticing some constipation (sorry, TMI) and dry skin. Is there something I am missing?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Completely normal to have temporary stalls like this when losing weight, especially if you are experiencing constipation (waste has weight). Keep on plan, make sure you're getting sufficient fiber and fluids, and be patient.
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am trying to get in fiber regularly, mostly through broccoli and spinach but I guess I could up my intake. I was just scared that I had hormonal issues to be checked out as I thought I would have lost at least a single pound.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    vh99mogibe5t.jpg
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It's typical for weight to come off quickly at first. A lot of it is water weight. And I agree that you're holding on to water for muscle repair since you're working with a trainer in what I assume is an effective workout program. I dropped a good amount of weight in January too and haven't lost much since. I know it's just a part of the process. You don't get those regular wins on the scale after a while. Just stick with what you're doing, increase water and fiber intake, and be patient. Also take measurements! You will probably lose inches faster than pounds.

Note to self: follow your own advice and take your measurements.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    capriqueen wrote: »
    I've been noticing some constipation (sorry, TMI) and dry skin.
    How is your fat intake? These things could be completely unrelated to your diet, but they also could be a clue that your fat intake might be too low.

What everyone else is telling you is 100% accurate -- be patient and give your body time to adjust. Seeing the same number on the scale for a week isn't statistically significant in the broader scheme of things. This thread talks about a lot of factors that impact the number on the scale: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634529/why-did-the-number-on-the-scale-go-up-this-week-heres-why#latest

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I would suggest downloading a weight trend app (Happy Scale on iOS) to ease your concerns over the scale. In my case, I never lose weight in a straight line downwards. I'm up or stay the same weight for weeks and then one day, whoosh, I drop 1-2lbs. And then the cycle starts again. It's normal. Just gotta stick with it!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    10 days is nothing. Don’t worry about it. You need to have patience