Can someone take a look at my weight loss and tell me if its ok

Options
I've been back on it for just over a month and so far I've found it pretty easy, I'm setting myself small goals, at the minute I want to get myself down to 19st (from 21.5st)

I've been weighing myself daily and these are the results so far, its been just over a month and whilst I've lost weight I was really hoping for a full stone in the first month, You'll probably notice a big spike of the weekends but I think that is something that is helping me in a strange way, I'm still enjoying myself but I'm still losing weight so it isn't too much of a hardship.

Do you think this is ok, I mean obviously its heading in the right direction but could/should it be more, is 1 stone a month an overly ambitious target or should I just keep on keeping on?

I'm currently eating between 1500/1700 calories Sunday to Thursday, I let go a bit on Friday and Saturday but I'm not going crazy.

Cheers to anyone who looks/replies

74e6a5742362833.png

Replies

• leebirm
    leebirm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    p.s. yes I am weighing myself pretty much daily but its just because at the minute I am kind of enjoying seeing the spikes and dips
  • angel293
    angel293 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your self at the same time every day?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    1 stone (14 Lbs) in a month is completely unrealistic...
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Correct.

You'd do best to aim for 2 lbs/week. That's much more realistic.
  • leebirm
    Options
    angel293 wrote: »

Yeah, I normally weigh myself when I wake up after going to the toilet.
    I thought that 1 stone might be ambitious but I'm not too clued up on the whole thing, I thought that maybe as I've got so much to lose it'd be faster to start and then slow down as my body acclimatized to the shock of it.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Ok, so your current goal is to lose 35 pounds and you have an expectation to lose 14 pounds per month( 3.5 pounds/wk)? I'd say your expectations are overly ambitious.

When you first start, you will lose a fair amount of water weight at the onset, and then the loss settles down.

At your current weight combined with the total you want to lose, setting a goal of 2pound/week is reasonable, and safer. Losing too quickly can cause you to lose more lean muscle mass than you would like.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    leebirm wrote: »

I thought that 1 stone might be ambitious but I'm not too clued up on the whole thing, I thought that maybe as I've got so much to lose it'd be faster to start and then slow down as my body acclimatized to the shock of it.

It will be faster, but it'll be mostly water weight at first. If you drop your deficit lower than 1,000 calories a day (2 lbs/week), you'll lose more but be more likely to binge and regain. It's more sustainable to do it the slower, healthier way. Put your stats into MFP and follow the cals it gives you.

Here are some helpful info graphics:

5a3lty8a9w1f.jpg

And if you hit a stall:

a2jypy4uiyb2.jpg

Note how it tells you to WEIGH everything you eat. The less you weigh, the smaller your margin of error. Often people stall because they're underestimating because they're not weighing.

Best of luck on everything!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Correct.

You'd do best to aim for 2 lbs/week. That's much more realistic.

I've lost exactly 14 pounds within the past 30 days, so I can personally testify that you CAN lose 14 pounds in a month.

I'll qualify that, though, by saying that I only planned my CICO to lose 2 pounds a week, so a lot of extra weight fell off that was unexpected. I do a bit of yo-yoing, so I've seen this phenomenon happen about a half-dozen times.
    But, that said, I don't advise that you 'expect' to lose more than 2 lb/wk.
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you have over 100lbs to lose in total, losing 14lbs in one month may happen the first month, but a lot of it will be water weight. Ideally should aim for 2lbs/week or less.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

That's correct, your loss does slow down as you lose weight, but you have the wrong idea about the amount it starts at. While in your case this loss can be achieved if you do more cardio, you'd be risking your muscle mass if you do it incorrectly and it can be pretty stressful. That loss would be reasonable for someone in the super obese category, which you aren't. You aren't even morbidly obese by BMI. While you certainly can lose 1 stone in one month, I highly recommend against it as it would involve either undereating or over-exercising (or both) which can be both dangerous and unpleasant.

As for weighing daily, that's not a bad thing. Many people, including me, do it.
  • leebirm
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

It will be faster, but it'll be mostly water weight at first. If you drop your deficit lower than 1,000 calories a day (2 lbs/week), you'll lose more but be more likely to binge and regain. It's more sustainable to do it the slower, healthier way. Put your stats into MFP and follow the cals it gives you.

Here are some helpful info graphics:

Note how it tells you to WEIGH everything you eat. The less you weigh, the smaller your margin of error. Often people stall because they're underestimating because they're not weighing.

Best of luck on everything!

When I'm at home I weigh everything (unless its a Friday night takeaway, then it is a free for all lol, as I said it seems to be heading in the right direction so I'm ok with my Friday luxury)

If I'm at work and I get a sandwich or what not then it goes on the barcode, there have been days when MFP has told me that I'm over my calorie intake for the day and I've still been hungry so I've knowingly gone over it (not massively), if I'm eating because I'm bored then I stop, if I actually feel hungry then I eat a little, that seems sensible to me.

The one thing that gets me is if I eat something that I can't track, I tend to find the closest thing on MFP and increase the calories just to be safe, does anyone else do this?