Lost 100lbs in 34 weeks.

Options
Melkiah
Melkiah Posts: 21 Member
edited February 2018 in Success Stories
I have another thread floating around here about my 70lb loss, so this is a bit of an update, plus a new final check in. I may lose 10 pounds more max but I’m quite happy with where I am now.

Here’s some of what I did.

I created a deficit of 500 calories from maintenance and did cardiovascular and strength training- contributing to about 750-1000 calories worth of excercise. This created a deficit of 1250-1500 calories per day. I wasn’t super strict about it. Sometimes I’d create more of a deficit in diet and less in training or vice versa.

Holding oneself accountable for everything you eat and every excercise you do will ensure consistent and reliable weight loss.

Most of my food was rice, light chicken, greens, protein shakes, pork chops, and lots of simple carbohydrates to fuel my excercise routine. I tried for around 45% protein 35% carbohydrate and 20% fat. It was very difficult keeping the fat macro down and usually found myself hitting 28%.

My cardio was primarily running and climbing the Jacobs ladder or versaclimber. I participated in CrossFit classes and some resistance training. I think where a lot of people fail is that they put too much emphasis in resistance training when they need to be doing cardio.

I see a lot of people at the gym who haven’t really made much progress and all they do is hit the weight machines and do curls.

While there isn’t anything wrong with this, there’s no such thing as converting fat to muscle. If you’re overweight and weight loss is your goal than you need to prioritize cardio. No one is going to see your gains at 20% body fat or more.

If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask here.

I just finished my NASM Certified Personal Trainer program and my Fitness Nutrition Certification as well.

Before and after pictures attached

PS. I ate like a pig during the Super Bowl

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!