Garnica2018
Garnica2018 Posts: 107 Member
Do you have a food program to lose weight that has worked for you? Thanks

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Yep!

Eat at a caloric deficit, get enough protein (1.5-2g per kg of body weight), a few essential fats (about 0.3-0.4g per kg), and the rest is made up by whatever I want (more protein and fat sometimes, but usually carbs - which take the form of anything from vegetables (more often) to icecream, pasta, cake and alcohol (less often).

BOOM!
  • cenprX2
    cenprX2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hate breakfast! Any high protein suggestions???
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    cenprX2 wrote: »

Don't eat breakfast...
    (do you mean you hate traditional breakfast foods, or eating in the morning? You don't have to do either.)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

Put your stats in mfp, get a calorie goal for weight loss at a sensible, sustainable rate of loss, eat foods to meet that goal. Exercise if you want, fuel that by adding your exercise cals on to your target. Eat foods that make you feel physically and mentally healthy, that satisfy and satiate you...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yes! Calorie counting via this app has seen me get to goal weight almost 5 years ago and I have kept the weight off too :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Prescribed food programs have worked great to lose weight, several times.

A variety of foods I like, combined into tasty and balanced meals, in amounts that - every day as well as over time -provides me with sufficient nutrition and calories, but also a calorie deficit, so that when I have lost the (un)desired weight, I can continue eating the same way, just with an amount of calories to keep the lower weight stable, has worked to keep the weight off, as well.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

I eat breakfast EVERY day. Eating now at 6:45am while typing this. A bowl of Kelloggs Special K cereal with 2% low fat milk and some Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt, then a hard boiled egg with hot buttered toast, and a cup of tea with no sugar.

That's 525 calories, and 21g of my MFP recommended 99g of protein for today.

Sometimes I would have a slice of ham instead of the boiled egg, other times bacon but that's not often.

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Rayman79 wrote: »
    Yep!

Eat at a caloric deficit, get enough protein (1.5-2g per kg of body weight), a few essential fats (about 0.3-0.4g per kg), and the rest is made up by whatever I want (more protein and fat sometimes, but usually carbs - which take the form of anything from vegetables (more often) to icecream, pasta, cake and alcohol (less often).

BOOM!

Fat should be about double that, as a minimum
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Egg, turkey bacon, light English muffin...enough protein to hold me until lunch, but sometimes I have a snack (string cheese or fruit) before lunch.
  • Garnica2018
    Options

Put your stats in mfp, get a calorie goal for weight loss at a sensible, sustainable rate of loss, eat foods to meet that goal. Exercise if you want, fuel that by adding your exercise cals on to your target. Eat foods that make you feel physically and mentally healthy, that satisfy and satiate you...

I am eating less than 1200 call p/day. I exercise a lot but my weight still being the same. I carry most in my belly
  • Garnica2018
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I eat breakfast EVERY day. Eating now at 6:45am while typing this. A bowl of Kelloggs Special K cereal with 2% low fat milk and some Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt, then a hard boiled egg with hot buttered toast, and a cup of tea with no sugar.

That's 525 calories, and 21g of my MFP recommended 99g of protein for today.

Sometimes I would have a slice of ham instead of the boiled egg, other times bacon but that's not often.

I will try that.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    Rayman79 wrote: »
    Yep!

BOOM!

REALLY?
    I am a 90kg woman.
    So you suggest I eat around 180gm of protein daily?
    I consume half that for good health.

Consuming a well balanced diet of foods you enjoy, while staying in daily caloric allowance is the best way to stick to what is a
    FOREVER COMMITMENT!
    There is no BAD FOOD...
    So enjoy your food take this journey a day at a time.