Fibre quantity wrong on MFP

Options
Hey everyone. I scan all my meals on MFP and regularly check the macros to identify areas I need to improve on. Fibre seems to the issue at the moment so I have started eating porridge. However, the porridge I scanned this morning - appears as "0" in the description on MFP and I can't seem to be able to go in and edit it, even tho it should be 2.5g. I'm not a paid member, does that mean I can't go in and over-ride it? Any help appreciated...

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can't update entries with a green tick - does it have one? Unfortunately even green tick items aren't guaranteed to be correct.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    As your diary is private only you know what entry your scanning brought up.
    Being a premium number doesn't affect the entry or ability to edit it.

It could well be a user generated entry and the person didn't bother to input all the available info.
    Sadly there's 000's of really poor database entries and MyFitnessPal decline to address the issue despite sensible suggestions on how to tackle it being made to them for years.....

Are there other entries you can search for by brand name? That will put it in your most recent used items for the future.

Try a slurp of evaporated milk in your porridge - delicious!!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    That's really annoying, I don't have a solution, just sympathy - unfortunately there are a lot of bad entries in there.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    A lot of people don’t enter every nutrient when entering foods into the database. If you want to see the fiber there you can always add your own entry.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Enter your own food in the database and correct the macros, then just choose it instead of scanning the bar code.
  • leandra23xx
    leandra23xx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, appreciate that.