SlimFast Diet

Options
Hello people, today I have started the Slimfast diet, i was wondering if anyone has tried this diet with success? Or at least made some positive progress?..

If you are interested in the SlimFast diet then come and see my updates on how I'm getting on, feel free to add me. I will post pictures of my results if this works.
I am looking to lose around 35, 40lbs in 3 months. Fingers crossed!!

Replies

• Shugahhfatt
    Shugahhfatt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    good luck to you...what exactly are the details on this plan.....meals shakes etc? Thanks
  • 01MissFit
    01MissFit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    good luck to you...what exactly are the details on this plan.....meals shakes etc? Thanks

Hello,

For my SlimFast diet I will be replacing 2 meals a day with 2 shakes, eating only fruit or SlimFast snacks in between and one 600kcal meal a day..
    Need to exercise as much as I can and drink at least 2 litres of water.

I am currently drinking the strawberry flavoured shakes which I actually really enjoy, I am yet to try the chocolate and cafe latte flavours.
    I don't have any of the SlimFast snacks yet as couldn't find any in the shop I got the shakes from but I'm going to be getting some, at the moment I'm just eating fruit for snack times.
  • amyinfla
    amyinfla Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I find Slimfast shakes to be a good substitute for the *occasional meal rather than as a full-time diet plan. I prefer making my own with the Chocolate flavored mix over the pre-mixed.
  • liezelh1741
    liezelh1741 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used Slimfast before my wedding 3 years ago to budge some extra pounds and it worked for me.
    Currently doing Slimfast shakes 2x a day and I log everything with MFP. I use Kefir and some berries in my morning smoothie, and mix things up. Some instant coffee powder with the vanilla shake and some ice is yummy for lunch. For snacks I’ll have fruit or a hard boiled egg/pickled egg and crackers. (Count everything! The barcode scanning feature in MFP is great tool)
    Good luck!
  • francisolorunfunmi
    Options
    01MissFit wrote: »
    Hello people, today I have started the Slimfast diet, i was wondering if anyone has tried this diet with success? Or at least made some positive progress?..

If you are interested in the SlimFast diet then come and see my updates on how I'm getting on, feel free to add me. I will post pictures of my results if this works.

Is this the one with milkshakes

• PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So what happens when you go back to eating regular food?
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    when I was a teenager, I was starving and it didnt last, its not sustainable long term. then i just drank the shakes for breakfast because I liked them and i wasnt a breakfast eater. never did lose weight on it.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast was a quick way to get low blood sugar for me. Meal replacements work for some people because they don't have to do any cooking, planning, or calorie counting. Personally, I'd rather eat real food but an occasional protein bar is helpful. I would never do Slim Fast again but maybe it will work for you.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Hello,

For my SlimFast diet I will be replacing 2 meals a day with 2 shakes, eating only fruit or SlimFast snacks in between and one 600kcal meal a day..
    Need to exercise as much as I can and drink at least 2 litres of water.

I am currently drinking the strawberry flavoured shakes which I actually really enjoy, I am yet to try the chocolate and cafe latte flavours.
    I don't have any of the SlimFast snacks yet as couldn't find any in the shop I got the shakes from but I'm going to be getting some, at the moment I'm just eating fruit for snack times.

The only thing the SlimFast diet is doing to cause you to lose weight is to put you into a calorie deficit, which you can do without spending money on SlimFast products. I don't think the nutritional profile is that terrible, it would certainly be an okay option if you really needed something and didn't have time for a meal on occasion. But 180 calories for breakfast and 180 calories for lunch...even with snacks I would be a danger to those around me out of sheer hunger.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago and only lasted about 4 weeks on it or so.

Any weight I lost on it just came back on with more than what I had lost on top. I learned nothing about eating properly while on it. I had no idea how to eat health or portion control or anything like that. I've now lost 1 stone 1 lb by eating properly, logging my foods and exercising.

The shakes and things are nice but it isn't really sustainable. If it works for you though, then that's fine.
  • 01MissFit
    01MissFit Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Is this the one with milkshakes

Yes it is.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options
    For the remainder of this thread please focus on the subject presented by the OP.

If you would like to continue the debate started about what kinds of diets work please see this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10643024/do-diets-work

Thanks,
    4legs
    MFP moderator