SlimFast Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    In Jan 2008 I started the Slim~Fast Optima program and did great! I lost 82# between then and Sept of that same year. Then they started making some really radical changes. Less food..Less help from the ONE dietician they had left (had 3 or 4 before that). You can use parts of their plan without even using their products. They gave many, many food choices and recipes, other than their products back then, and I think they still do. I used to be an ambassador for SF, but after all the changes I dropped it all. I kept what I had learned and was able to keep the weight all off until I lost my mom & brother just months apart in 2014 & 2015. Now I'm back using those same tools and doing just fine. I don't rely on SF products, but do use Pure Protein bars and shakes occasionally. I still use my old system of breakfast 200 cal, snack up to 100 cal, lunch 400 cal, snack, supper 500 or a few more cal. Snack.Best wishes to you on your journey.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 28lbs on the Slimfast diet last year community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10494696/slimfast-diet/p1 I still have the odd SF meal as I continue my diet. I stalled a bit from Christmas until last week, then surprisingly, saying I'd lost interest, on another thread, renewed my interest. So I expect to begin losing again. It's horses for courses so good luck and success to you with your Slimfast diet.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    [

Perhaps "step down" from Slim Fast. Replace breakfast & lunch initially. Then just breakfast. Then eat 3 meals (and snacks) while losing. This will help you learn about portion sizes for all foods.....not just diet ones.[/quote]

I did this. I used SlimFast as a substitute for 2 meals for about 3 months, then one meal for another 3 months. I lost weight successfully, and did not gain most of it back. I made two mistakes. One was to not control enough what I was eating in my one "normal" meal - it was not as healthy as they recommended haha - and also I did not exercise. Between those two mistakes, I ended up losing a lot of muscle and became "skinny fat" - a term that I learned MUCH later.

I am not as cynical about it as some of the other posters. I think you could do well with it if you want- and I am sharing my mistakes so that hopefully you can avoid them!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I tried Slimfast as a teenager and was always starving. I used canned shakes and bars and lost, but was miserable.
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I tried to do shakes instead of meals too once upon a time (years ago) and it didn’t work. That being said, I do like the special k chocolate shakes and have one, just one, a day because my diet has been lowish in calcium.
    You can just eat regular foods but in smaller portions and log that in mfp and lose weight.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    What Slimfast will do (if you're doing 2 shakes a day and a meal) is cause you to lose weight (healthily or not is another question).

What it won't do is teach you how to maintain when you get to your goal.