Exercise classes every day.

Options
Having a spinning class/yoga in evening. Then next morning a aerobics/bodybalance classes. Or spinning/ yoga/Aqua classes in afternoon. Then next morning bodybalance class. One day no classes. Am doing my self harm.

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I lift/excersise 5 days a week 2days off as long as you feel good have energy take at least one day off a week
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Just from looking at it, it seems fine. You need to go by how your body feels. If you feel great then keep it up! If your body feels like it needs a rest, then take a day off.

Other thing to think about, have you already been doing this schedule for a few weeks or more? If so, and it seems to be working for you then that's great. If this is your first week getting in to fitness, then you may need to ease in to it a bit.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I train 6 days a week and have done so for more than a dozen years now. I'm in my 50's. Listen to your body. It will tell you when something's too much.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Having a spinning class/yoga in evening. Then next morning a aerobics/bodybalance classes. Or spinning/ yoga/Aqua classes in afternoon. Then next morning bodybalance class. One day no classes. Am doing my self harm.

It's kind of hard to tell from just this bit of information but probably not. Moving every day is not harmful (barring medical restrictions, of course). But it would depend in the length and intensity of the classes, as well as what else you do during the day to determine if this is too much for you.

If you don't feel overly fatigued or sore or burnt out then you are likely fine.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Unless you're having bad side effects, then go for it.

I work out (intensely) 5 days a week (for four weeks, with week 5 being a "light" week where my workouts are about half as much as "normal"), and on the weekends I usually am either at the track, or going for a street ride and at my part time job on my feet all day. Trackdays and rides are workouts - not as intense in that they are broken up a bit more, but it's not a "rest" day.

That being said, if it was a race weekend, I will almost always take the following Monday off from working out - unless my body is feeling great (or that's what i've done historically - we'll see how things are this year).
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Just from looking at it, it seems fine. You need to go by how your body feels. If you feel great then keep it up! If your body feels like it needs a rest, then take a day off.

Other thing to think about, have you already been doing this schedule for a few weeks or more? If so, and it seems to be working for you then that's great. If this is your first week getting in to fitness, then you may need to ease in to it a bit.

I think this is the question to answer first, OP. The people on this thread who responded that they exercise daily or almost daily (myself included) have been doing it for a while. If you've just started, then you may want to slow down a bit.
  • asviles
    asviles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference between high impact exercise and low impact exercise. I can only run about once a week before my ankle starts giving me issues. I use the stationary bike an hour or more a day and don't even feel tired. Lifting heavy weights is almost impossible to do daily without hurting yourself unless you are rotating your muscle groups properly. All of those exercises seem to be smooth, low/no weight motions so unless you're in pain, you should be fine.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think your routine looks great. You have a variety. Mixing it up is good. As long as it feels good and you feel that you're achieving your goals, go for it. I gave found that everyone loves their body differently, so it can set a one size fits all/cookie cutter approach! What really matters is that you're moving!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I train everyday. Some cardio and lift for one body part a day. The KEY is recovery. If you're feeling tired or burnt out over all the exercise, then it is too much.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png